Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ikea~



Left to right: My sis, me, mum (carrying timothy), Aunt and Cousin Jiayi.

Went to Ikea trying to look for Sofa available. I don't know why but Ikea always gives me the idea of trendy yet affordable furniture. I also love Ikea because it always had showrooms displaying the designer's way of putting the correct furniture together, making it especially cozy and adding a tinge of warmth.

By the end of the day, we didn't buy the sofa because my mum was hesitant about what my father would say. Like throwing away the old sofa when it is still "sit-able". Invoice were printed out and this only means that we are so near to buying it. But humans do have a change of heart sometimes and we are talking about my mum here, who does that so often. Er hem.

Like just now, she went into a shop that sell things there were imported from "Bugis street" directly LOL. This fairly weird owner, crazily wear a band on her head with spiky golden black hair fluttering out in all directions. Her face made up of a thick powdery form like as if a slap on her face can make it shattered in pieces. Not only that, she wore red lipstick that is so red, it's #F62817. (Firebrick1)

To make it almost complete, she wore those very smooth texture dress with army pattern telling us that she can camouflage in the corner of the shop and not serve us using that reason as an excuse. After we left that shop, she immediately take a toilet break and at the same time use it to flaunt her marvellous outfit while walking effortlessly.

Oh my, why am I talking so much about this shop owner when I was supposed to talk about my mum being hesitant and change of heart. So, my mum went into this "imported from bugis street" shop that has almost a complete collection of all the things the owner like from bugis street at an awfully high price. (Mind you! even online blogshop items!)

Because it was expensive and the quality is not worth the price, she hesitate and I was thinking in my heart that ultimately, she won't buy it. She said that the design and such were cute and nice but with an expression of "you think so?" (eyebrow sliding to the nose bridge and mouth forming an upside down "U"). This is it! She just want the confirmation of our's opinion.

But one thing I need to applaud about Timothy. He was really good boy today. I always imagined a wasted trip if we are shopping for items with him around. He will often cry when he had not enough sleep or when he is hungry, he does not allow anyone to disturb him (like pinching his cheeks). A hotdog bun from Ikea settles him perfectly and we played wildly, making him a model for beds.



*pretend not to look at the camera*



Running away from Jiayi who was folding her arms at the background.



Only feet that is as clean as not touching the ground, can be on the bed. It really tells a lot when the person had clean shaven, wavy hair and a mouth that is sneakily eating something. I can totally imagined his face when he is older. Much naughtier.



emo time.



See what see? Never see people practice sit and reach ar?



I know why he is so cute. He has a very cute chin that curves nicely making it very proportional on each sides. He also has a beady black eyes that communicates with you even through photos. Very photogenic indeed. Also, I think babies with a smelly pillow is extremely cute. -_-



Crazy mum put a cooking pot on timothy's head and smile evilly. Passerby laughs secretly but was still being seen by crazy mum, who thinks his son is a clown and continued to put other kind of things on his head.

After a tiring walk, we went to this super duper nice clay pot rice coffee shop near IMM. Trust me, this is my first time tasting such a fantastic and fragrant clay pot rice. The sausages were not stingy and the salted fish can be tasted unlike other shops that cut it up into very small pieces. Combined with the dark soya sauce, this is a place that I will recommend if I am asked "Where can you find the best clay pot rice in Singapore?"



That amount of clay pot rice is for 5 person and it only costs $18. You won't be able to find such good price plus good food. We also ordered sambal kang kong, pig's stomach soup (Nice!) and cereal prawns.

Have a good thrashing session after that and went back home. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home