Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fake versus Original

Just a question, who will mind carrying fake wallets, accessories, clothes, pants and etc? Hmm... sorry to say but I really don't mind using fake brand watches and shoes as long as they look nice and they are like the authentic ones.

The reason behind the apology above is that I can already feel some people shouting words like "Eeee, so cheapo" or "Must support original!"

I mean, if you can buy something fake that is cheaper and has the same functionality as the original, then which will you choose? Most probably the answer will still be original but that's not the point.

I know brands play an important role in the buyers' power but if I can only afford something cheap and serves me well, then shouldn't I buy that? If my reason for buying something is because of the brand I support, then I can argue that I must buy the original instead.

Besides, what are pasar malam for? How come they can sell fake things so happily? I saw one auntie selling fake teletubbish shirt to the boy's mother. She say until like the shirt is godly and a must buy because of it's soft fabric. This is all nonsense but the mother still buy because the purpose of shirt is to wear. (Actually is because it is cheap, she can buy a lot of it. Children no need wear until so branded one lah.)

However, selling something fake also depends on the customers, whether they are willing to buy it. Customers are clever enough to differentiate whether that item is worth the money. If you sell me some fake junks, you think I will buy the fake and not the original instead?

Perhaps I might be stupid enough to believe for the first time, but don't expect a second occurrence from an "once-kena-cheated" customers because they will remember the lesson. So, a customer can really tell which is worth buy and which is not.

This afternoon, I was watching a channel 8 drama(repeat) and I especially hated this one scene that May Phua acted in. She is those kind of rich tai-tai that spends her husband's(Alan Wu) hard earn money. She was giving a ridiculous answer for buying an expensive handbag. Her answer was that she didn't want her husband to lose face in front of others by carrying a fake handbag (part one)

Part one still can accept but the part two was that they were planning a trip to Europe and the police in Europe will catch anyone that carries fake brand stuff and FINE THEM!

I immediately showed a disgusted look and have been taken aback by it. Then my mother add in chirpily "Got leh, got this country that fine people if they bring fake things into the country." I was in a lost of word state and my jaw dropped like the movie "Jaws".

In disbelief, I went to google and research about it. Although it shows a faint results of the above mentioned, but there is still some truth in it. When one or more people say so, then it should be real.

So anyway, different countries perceived the importance of original differently. It is really up to us to decide about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home