Friday, November 21, 2008

Scariest moment

Today I came across one of the greatest fear that I had never chance upon. My laptop died on me for like 20 minutes. I was so scared I almost gone mad. My mind was thinking of the following...


Where did I keep my warranty card?
Should I go home immediately?
What about the test that I will be having later?
Will my mum scold me?
Why should she scold me? not my fault!
What is wrong with the laptop?
Call my sis and ask her what should I do?
How to reply to E35D's convo when the laptop decides to die on me?
Should I go and eat first and decide later?


Seriously, I had no experiences in this kind of situation. This is the first time something like that happened to me. The laptop had served me well for almost 2 years already. I just cannot afford to have it died on me at this point in time.

So I quickly ran down (walking hastily) to the borrowing of laptop place. I already knew that there were no more laptops available since it's about time of breakout for most students. But you know when someone is desperate for something, they do anything to get it.

I returned class and tried to on the laptop once again. This time with the especially loud "Beep beep" sound and it couldn't be on again. I declared it "DEATH"!

A classmate of mine were telling me to go Funan IT mall to get it repaired. He simply had no trust in the school's IT helpdesk. Laptops which are sent there are instantaneous reformat, no repair or whatsoever. Then later, they change your operating system from Windows to Vista.

Oh no, I sound like a professional in this field, which I am not. I panicked when my laptop shut down on it's own.

But later, I felt a bit... (how to describe this feeling?) It's like when people malign you of something that you never done, you feel like scolding vulgarities but that person got away scot-free. Something like that.

I decided to press on the "ON" button again, but without any hopes of the laptop's reviving. But it just starts to on again! I was so shocked that something miracle happened. I was thinking through the whole process and wondered if I had placed some "hope" into the magical finger that had made it works like magic!

I was over the moon! I thanked everyone in the group and went to the toilet to cry for a while, celebrating the joys of revival. I went to break with E35D clinque and I told individually about my laptop's death and alive story. I was not even complaining about telling them one by one, multiple times. Their minds will be like " Wth lah, can shut up or not? None of my business leh".

As if this was very common, Teresa even commented that (with some act chio accent) "Hai yo, like that you also scare? my laptop that time spoil for 3 weeks, I also heck~ Your friend arh?

Anyway, Timothy photo!



Timothy and his smelly



He's now getting better and better. Can even pose.



I think when Timothy grows up, I will show him my blog and tell him that I frequently blog about him. I marked his growing process and took photos of him during every stages. I hope he will have a good childhood memory to think about when he grew up.

It is also for me to see his growing process. From the time when he is born, to the time when he first have his first tooth. Very soon, he will be crawling and in no time, walking! This whole process of life just make me feel that life is so special and evolving! I can even picture in my mind, Timothy's naughty looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home