Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PP DONE!

I am like the last to finish the PP presentation whilst my friends all happily enjoy themselves. Now I could also have that feeling of carefree-ness because my PP presentation is finally over and done with, exclamation mark.

Surprisingly, all my friends told me about how scary the PP presentation is going to be, how scary is the assessor or advisor and how cold it is. All these were not in my mind until I actually reached the Agora hall today. The feeling of coldness and scariness suddenly reminded me of the time when I first entered Primary 1.

I was lucky I met Teresa's friend (choosie, correct?) and meeting her there kind of calmed me down. I also met her friend who so happen to be at the same booth as me. Now we are talking about coincidence, she is also the same timing as me! Wow! I was thinking, "yays! at least got company liao".

So after sticking the bluetacks behind our posters, we were off towards our booth. (By the way, I snatched a fair share of the bluetacks and it so happen that the next person who came, had none left. opps)

So me and Teresa's friend's friend (I shall name her "A") went to our booth together as we were the same booth and same timing. At the booth, there was already someone presenting. Guess we had arrived later than her. I asked "A" if she wants to go first or not? She said anything or that sort.

So we decided to sit behind our booth and wait. I guess we talked too loudly and my advisor, which is one of the assessor in charge of assessing me, came over to ask us to sit opposite the booth. So me and "A" move over to the opposite but this time, my advisor came over again. She asked "A" to wait behind the booth while I go inside the booth to stick up my poster. Mind you, the assessor did all these while the presenter is still presenting. Imagine the scariness when the one assessing you moved around.

Then as I went in to stick up the posters, the presenter is still presenting. I stood beside her and stick up my posters quietly, trying not to disturb her. I silently listened to her presentation while sticking the posters. As I was done sticking, one of the assessor saw my posters and laughed out loud enough for me to hear him. I heard him commenting that my posters was interesting. I completely stolen the stage off the presenter that was presenting then. I bet she hates me.





What make it worse was that after that laugh, since I had finished sticking up the posters, and she still haven't finish her presentation, I anyhow find a sit inside the booth and sat down. I did not want to cross over the front of the presenter while she is presenting as it is very rude.

Then, the assessor that laughed, told me to wait at the opposite booth. I had no choice but to cross over that presenter who was presenting. I bet by this time, she was already erupting as I kept disturbing her presentation with all the fuss. I swear she was going to throw her 1 metre piles of notes at me.

I hope to say sorry to that first girl that was at booth 27, time 10:30am because I think I made her more nervous although she presented with confidence.

When it was my turn, I was shivering and I forgot to introduce myself. Nope, actually I purposely didn't introduce myself because I didn't know how to do so. So I just start off with the name of the company that I am profiling. And they thought that was my name and so it kind of made some comedy scenes.

Other than that, I loved my advisor/assessor! Throughout the presentation, she kept smiling at me and nodding her head. I love it when I am presenting and people gives me the confirmation and attention by nodding their heads. Her smiles gives me the power to continue on and despite that she was quite fierce when she teaches me JAVA during year 2, sem 1.

There was this another assessor which keep helping me when the assessor who laughed loudly, bombarded me with questions. She kept helping me and I was really grateful that I thank her profusely when she praised me for a job well done at the end of the presentation.

Overall, I think it was really a great experience as this was quite a long project that finally meet an end. It was like a finale that allows me to show case my work altogether. I love it when they said that they know I had spend alot of time on the posters and they really like my topic and posters as it was quite innovative and new.

I know that I will be having a good dream tonight because it's like a load off my chest finally. And also, it's raining and the breeze was cool and everything seems like a good ending in the storybook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home