Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sakae Sushi



Is the chinese word "rong" or something? haha I don't really know, sorry. Well, I was with my sis yesterday to run an errand to downtown east. The journey from jurong to downtown east was about 45 mins. I kept fidgeting about to help myself stay awake. I also read the street directory to "get familiarise" with our current location.

Anyway, we were as hungry as pigs and we decided to settle for Sakae sushi buffet at Whitesands. My sis crossed the age limit of being teenager for a cheaper price. She was 22 and the age limit is 21. Depressed as she is, she chose Ala carte. I chose lunch buffet as opposite as her.

However, the waitress warned her that if she chose Ala carte, she is not supposed to be eating my food as mine was buffet. We was like smirking because we thought no one would know even if the Ala carte person can secretly take the buffet's stuff. However, the rules of being Ala carte is that you have to order an item first and later not allowed to take buffet's stuff or else you will be charged accordingly.

But guess what? The waitress stood next to us to make sure that my sis, who wants Ala carte, do not take anything from the belt. Then my sis was very "gao way" because the waitress kept staring at her. My sis later change Ala carte to buffet and the waitress moved away!

Anyway, we didn't eat at our greatest potential despite it being buffet. Although the tricks of Sakae sushi is to bloat us with the large amount of rice, we still stupidly fall for their tricks in buffets.



This was the Ala carte item that my sis ordered. Totally cannot make it as you can see it wasn't finished at all. The proportion of rice to beef is like 3:1. The one beef piece was supposed to be for me to try but I simply cannot eat it because of the state it was in.

We cleverly thought of a way to make ourselves not so full in buffet.


First, you need to order an Ala carte item like what my sis ordered.
Then you pick any buffet sushi like sashimi or whatever.
Next, eat the sashimi or whatever you would like to eat and leave the rice behind.
Throw the rice into the Ala carte item.
Keep doing that and throw away the rice as it will make you full.

Results: You won't be charged for wastage! Also the waitress will be shocked as the original Ala carte item shouldn't contain that much rice!


Before I carry on, the Ala carte was served like 20 mins later and despite one or two times reminding, it finally came. Also, we ordered many sushi but it was very slow. In the end, it all came together and we was very angry with that. If that was another trick that Sakae came up with for buffets, I suggest you further lower the cost or else we shall think of more tricks to counter back.

Here's another trick. (My sis teach one - She kept laughing as she do these.)



She said, "First you remove the piece of sashimi and eat it, leave the rice behind"



"Then you add all the things that you don't want, like lemons, cucumber slices and etc" Ta dah! A new sushi! She said that the chef might steal her idea of this newly created sushi. Then she said that she need to use the wasabi to write a "copyright" at the plate. Got this kind of sis anot?



And almost immediately, she waved her chopsticks like a magic wand. She said she forget to garnish the newly created sushi with abit of wasabi. From the picture, can you see abit of shiny things? She say if you cannot see nevermind, there IS WASABI on it!

She did all these while laughing loudly. Bits of tears started dropping out from the corner of her eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home