Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sick Sickerish SH!T

First was stomachache. Then, it became fever and sore throats. Now it was HEADACHE and lost of voice. Out of all the illnesses, I find headache the most painful and irritating of all.

Because of all the illnesses that happened to me at one go, I missed 2 days of school. I almost wanted to skip the UT today because of the F***ing headache. I swear I could have scolded vulgarities due the the extreme pain that I am feeling in the left-side head region. Luckily I managed to manage my anger and kept it within.

You know how it feels to have a serious headache? You feel like banging your head against some sharp objects and end your life. You might say "Just popped one or two panadol and this will solve the problem". But the problem is, there is none left in the house.

Imagine I bear with the pain for 1 day 13 hours. All along, the pain in the head kept poking me. It goes on a 40 seconds basis whereby it will repeatedly electrify the head. At one point in time, I beg the headache to leave me alone as if it will work. To no avail, it only left me when I ate 2 tablets of panadol Extra!



Speaking of Panadols. Last time, I used to bite the children's panadol and then swallow it down with water. The children panadol is pink in colour and is usually referred to have the same taste as skittles, the red coloured ones. (seriously, it does not taste the same!)

However, as I grew older, the children panadol became "no effect" for me. Simply because that is for children. I need to eat the adult ones which is white in colour. Then, there was one time I used back my children method of eating the panadol, which was to bite the panadol. The taste was super bitter and I almost vomit.

The problem with me is that I cannot swallow pills. I have phobia about swallowing things because I felt that the pills might go down the wrong hole and I might choke to death. Then I came up with another idea to eat the pills without biting it.

The idea was to crush the pills into powder form. I was happily sweeping the "crushed-pills" into my palm and pouring it into my mouth. Then I drank water to swallow it down. But I almost vomit again because when the water mix up with the powder and touches my tongue, I could taste the bitterness of the panadol!

So I had no choice but to learn how to swallow pills. If worst come to worst, whenever I see a doctor, I would ask for liquid medicine. But I am glad to say that I had mastered the skill of pills-swallowing and I do not need to bother with it anymore.

But then again, sometimes when I attempt to swallow a pill, it won't be successful at the first try. I keep having the mentality that I might choke on it and dare not swallow until I feel safe about it. Therefore, I always end up drinking all the water but the pill is still in the mouth.

Yes ar!



Finally found a picture that could describe the exact pain that I was going through when I had a headache.

By the way, I got the picture from http://sandeepmakam.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html. Inside it has many cool pictures and his blog is quite interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home