Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday, 12 April

Me, tb and my sis went to JE's kbox and had a singing session. It's such a long time for my sis since she gave birth to Timothy. (I am not saying that Timothy is a chore) So me and tb decided to meet earlier for dinner because I haven't eat. We met at 9:15pm and I ate for about 45mins. I bet it is the longest time for me to eat something.

Anyway, there are reasons that attributed to the long time that is required for me to eat. There are minor ones and major too. I just feel like naming out all the things that resulted me in eating so slowly.

1st reason: The aunties were slow when preparing food

As it was rather late at night where people starts to knock off from work, they have the mentality of doing things slowly. As mine was the last order for them, they can even take off their aprons while preparing the Korean clay pan fish that I ordered. I even saw one of the auntie tying her "Michael Jackson"-like hair preparing for knocked off.

2nd reason: Troublesome customers

While I was waiting patiently for my fish, a pair of customers probably father and daughter relationship, walked next to me. I thought they were talking to me and I got a shock of my life. I feel like turning behind and slap the face for making me embarrassed and for shouting into my ear.

They came to the store. The vendor asked what they want. The father was like very picky and the daughter was like very "swa-ku" type. Compatible pair, although it should be opposite.

Father: I like the Ramen. Ya the got meat one looks like very nice.
Daughter: Is it the number 7 one?
Father: Ya! Number 8 looks nice too
Vendor:(interrupt!) What you all want? Need to be faster because we closing soon.
Daughter: Father, they closing soon
Father: (asking the vendor) Number 7 is what meat ar? Spicy anot?
Me:(Thinking) I don't know what meat la, but surely spicy ma. See the picture also know.
Vendor: The meat is chicken, it's spicy.
Father:(Think for awhile) Daughter you want to eat?
Daughter:(Act cute)I don't feel like eating, not hungry
Vendor:(Naming a few popular dishes) So what you all want?
Father and Daughter:(Walking away) ....
Vendor: Don't want go away la (Loud enough to let me hear, yet soft enough to not let them hear it.) PRO!


I knew the auntie because I often buy food from her. She also know that I like their beef clay pan. I really do understands her frustration because she is still serving them despite closing. Anyway, they wasted some time serving them and my fish get a slight delay.

3rd reason: Eat fish, Trouble with bones

When I finally got the fish, I was like, "where to start ar?". Tb look at my fish and gulp? It's really hot and the bones were not that many but fish being fish, it still have bones. I put "one piece" (this word will appear in search engine and people think I was referring to the anime) into my mouth and it burns my tongue. And so, Yes! Eating fish wasted a lot of time because you need to look out for bones. And when you are almost finished, you need to turn the other side to scratch out the little chunks of fish meat that is stuck with the middle bone.

4th reason: Saw Friend! Like that also counted?!

Yes, it counts. I was eating my fish and I saw one friend that is in my new class. I like "kay kay" never see him but he shouts out my name! The last Friday, I also see him on the MRT but he never say hello to me so I thought he don't know I existed in class. I need to wave and pretend to eat with etiquette in case he thinks I am "shen jing bing".

Last reason: Tb keeps talking to me!

It's not a bad thing but the conversation really keeps me distracted from my fish. We were talking about going to Genting together. It will be fun and maybe in May. I occasionally get more burns by the fish and swallowed alot of fish bones along the way. In the end, Tb finishes his Longan Beancurd ice or whatever and I finish mine like 30 minutes after him.

So after eating, my sis still haven't arrived. She was not supposed to come out because she needs to rest one month after her giving birth for some sort of recovery period. She say she needs to wait for the people to sleep and then she will sneaks out. I say, "Then Timothy how?" She said that her husband will take care of it as he knows my sis will be coming out.

We went to the arcade first while waiting for my sis. Tb was showing off to me that he finishes the whole game of guilty gear X with 1 credit. I looked the other way at people playing drums instead. When I was topping up the TAPZ card, the cashier person needs another 25 cents from me. I asked her, "for what?". She pointed to a piece of paper infront of her as if she cannot talk. That's not the point. The point is that there is G.S.T even when you want to top up the card.

Imagine you top up $50? How is the G.S.T charges going to be like? I think no people play games in arcade anymore. Or, or people who predicted things like this will happen, they top up SGD$1 million way before the G.S.T charges thingy starts for even topping up credits in your card.

Sis arrived and we went Kbox. Got a room that is for 10 people or more, when we only had 3 people. The receptionist said that there are currently no smaller rooms and will change us to a smaller room when the need arise. Sure, no problem with that because they will never change for some reason.

Sing from 10:45pm to 4am! Super happy after the session. It is because the persons that I sing with, are people who are close to me. I do not need to be afraid of them laughing at me. All of us sing to our heart's content and we have enough songs to keep going and going. The bills is as followed...



$12 for 2 cups of tidbits. Like last time is $5 per cup and now it magically becomes $6. The packages was $25++ one. Seriously, the Service charge (10%) and G.S.T (7%) is getting on my nerves. It's $9.15 and $7.04 respectively. Like "bo dai bo ji" need to pay all these things.



That was the perfect emotion that is happening to me at that moment.



The total was like $107.69 and I got a freaking 8 k.points, that was circled. The 8 k.points goes into my Kbox membership card and the lowest point for exchanging is 350points. (The lowest point exchange was a liquor that is of Martell brand)



Something like that and I had done some research. It says, it cost about $60 but don't know which currency. The most important point is that how long will I get to reach the minimum points for the first exchange? Like $100+, you only get 8 k.points. $1000+, you will get 80 k.points. You will go like "Yay! I've got 80 k.points and I am reaching soon". But guess what? the people on the other end will go like, "Yay!, We've got the stupidest person on Earth and some say Mars"

The main problem is that the points makes it almost impossible to get the free gift. It's not free gifts in this case as you sort of buy it with the ridiculous money that is spent. The problem is also because I don't drink Liquor and so it doesn't seem the least bit of excitement for me.

Anyway, Sis drove tb back to Jurong point and me home. Having a car makes it so convenient to go out at night. You won't need to take a cab home after the horrible G.S.T and service charge in the kbox bills. Slept at 5am.

Today

Woke up at about 11am and no one is at home! No money but got food prepared already. LOL. I was searching around the house and I found this.



I have a feeling that this "thing" is supposed to be hidden but they thought that I wasn't clever enough to search for it. I found it, anyhow. Wasabi flavour and that is the flavour that only me likes in the entire generation. They say they felt like puking whenever they ate Wasabi. Then I though I was the alien of the family.

Super lucky la, I was like finding a treasure that had my name on it as if it was mine in the first place. Then I thought that maybe this pack of Wasabi crackers has a motive behind it. It might be used when my mother wants me to sweep the floor or something. Then I said NO and she goes to her secret hiding place and dig out a packet of this and threatened to eat it all by herself if I don't sweep the floor. (although I will know that she will be puking at the first bite already)

Or maybe she watched too much "Death note" and tries to mimic the scene in Death note one whereby Kira hides a small Television inside the original flavoured chips and watches news from there. She is trying to confuse the police into thinking that I was Kira because only me likes the Wasabi flavour chips or crackers. Therefore she can continue her acts of doing justice to the criminals.



And sometimes, I wondered if Wasabi really looks like a carrot but it is green in colour? I did some research and this is what I found. "Pretty" interesting...



Now, before you go feeling all dirty, it's not your fault. For a very long time, real wasabi simply wasn't even available stateside. The rhizome of this piquant plant was too fragile and precious to be shipped overseas. And so, sushi chefs around the world "made a round turned to an inferior concoction made from horseradish, mustard, corn starch and green food coloring. Yummy!"

Today, what with overnight delivery and whatnot, we have the luxury of having fresh rhizomes dropped right at our door at the drop of a hat. And I do mean luxury — at $77 per pound, you're not gonna be drowning this stuff in a puddle of soy sauce unless you've got Yakuza money to back it up.

But once you've had the the sublime burn of the real deal, you'll never go back to that neon-green paste from a tube. Oishii desu ne!

So next time if you go to any sushi restaurants, remember to bring along some small plastic bags so that you can keep the Wasabi and bring it home since the real plant itself is so expensive.

PS: "Oishii desu ne" means "It is so delicious"
PS also: "Yakuza" are members of traditional organized crime groups in Japan, and also known as the "violence group". Today, the Yakuza are one of the largest crime organizations in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home