Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Go to school alone

As the title suggests, I still goes school alone. I guess it will stay like that for a long time to come. Saw Shiying again and she knew I was alone automatically. She scream so loud until everyone near there know that I go to school ALONE!

Reached school and faci was super late. He came at 9am and we waited till tears started rolling down my cheeks. He entered class and say "Sorry", begin the class anyhow-ing-ly.

Separate into teams and got into a 3-man team. There is this guy in the team, he asked me to call him "Junk" because his name is Jun kiat. If you pull the "k" to the "Jun" and eliminate "iat", it's Junk. What a name to call himself! (He looks like WZ ?!)

Evidence: www.yandao.com

Had lunch with Sophia, Yuenky, Sherman and Teresa. We occupied the W67C classroom to eat and chat. Had a great laugh and soon time is up for us to get back into individuals. We were talking about sofa being thrown down from windows which is quite impossible.

I've found another good point about blogging! Today's lesson was about HTML and this is something which I've learned from blogging. Indeed the knowledge had helped me much and putting me on an advantage.

School ended at 2:47pm. I was surprised to know that school actually ends at 4pm. I was like the only soul in the whole campus besides from a few Siao ding dongs from neighbouring secondary school playing catching. To be even precise, I did saw ants and butterflies.

I saw an uncle cleaning the escalator and this is what he did!



"Clean there for what?" was the first thing that came into my mind. Then magically, my right leg begin to cross over to the left side and rest on the silver metal that the uncle was cleaning. Like the picture below...



Ok, now I don't blame the uncle for cleaning "there".

Left the campus building and it was raining cats and dogs. Waited 20 mins for the bus and if I know, I would have walked instead since the rain kept flattering at me even under shelter. I hate the feeling of rain water touching my skin. It's like making me melt.

I bought Laksa from the newly opened stretch of shops near Jurong East Interchange. The Laksa was good but little. The gravy was thick but nice. The price was $3.20 but acceptable. The tupperware was $0.20 but is it worth that much?



Super-Coconut-ky!!! After eating must jump around like monkey to lose the fats.

Disruption of train services on 21 January

Remember this incident that happened? Train services between Tanah Merah and Pasir Ris MRT stations were disrupted for seven hours on that day. The reasons was NOT a systemic failure but caused by staff non-compliance. Coverup can't be covered for long. SMRT was later ordered to pay a fine of $387,176 but it requested for a lower amount.

7 April 2008

TRAIN services at Choa Chu Kang station were disrupted for about an hour on Monday morning after a man fell onto the MRT track and was hit by a train pulling in on the North-bound track towards Jurong East.

SMRT said some 7,300 commuters travelling from Yew Tee to Bukit Gombak stations were affected by the disruption between 8am and 8.50am.

A shopkeeper in the station said he heard commuters saying that the man had jumped onto the track during the morning rush hour.

Police received a call at 8am that a man had fallen onto the track, near the 5th exit from the rear, and rushed a team from the Singapore Civil Defence Force to the scene.

The man, a Chinese in his mid-40s, was pinned under the third carriage of the train and was pronounced dead by paramedics at 8.30am.

The incident disrupted the morning peak hour train services between Yew Tee and Bukit Gombak stations, towards Jurong East.

Trains running on this line had to turn around.

SMRT quickly activated its bus bridging service and sent a dozen buses to the station to bring the stranded commuters to the connecting stations shortly after 8am.

Scores of other commuters rushing to work turned to taxis, sparking a long queue at the cab stand. Others called their families to pick them up, while many decided to walk to the next station to catch the train.

Normal train services resumed at about 8.50am after the body of the man was removed from the track.

An eyewitness, Mr Rommel, 41, a Filipino piping engineer, told The Straits Times that he was waiting on the platform when he heard a woman screaming.

‘I was shocked to see a man stuck under the train’s carriage. My throat went dry,’ said a shaken Mr Rommel.

He said two civilians helped to disperse the crowd near the platform.

Over at Yew Tee station, some 200 commuters were waiting for their train when the service was disrupted.

Passengers who were unable to complete their journeys due to the disruption can claim a full fare refund from the Passenger Service Centre in any of the 51 SMRT stations within the next three working days.

Police are investigating.



Article obtained from straitstimes.com on 8th April 2008

With this incident happening, I think SMRT will tend to make some payment to the family members of the victim. But if this man was to jump on purpose, then I think it wasn't SMRT's fault. With the recent "fine" thingy that happened on 21 January 2008 and this case, there is a possibility that SMRT will increase the charges of trips. Of course, I hope it won't happen because it will become a threat to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home