Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sakae Sushi Buffet!

Meet hx and mk at Jurong East platform. I was late by ten minutes but it is not totally my fault. The bus just don't come and besides I need to call people. We took MRT and met jj at west mall entrance. We proceed to West mall Sakae sushi.

It's sort of like a small celebration for mk's birthday. And nothing beats eating a buffet!

First of all, prices most important. Food don't have legs, it won't run away.

Adult: $16.90++
Student: $13.90++
Child: $10.90++


Very reasonable prices. I like! We didn't waste a single minute. Once we sit down, we take the wooden chopsticks, plates, soya sauce and wasabi. The book we sweep it away because we won't need it so soon. Then we begin our rampage-taking of coloured plates. Making sure that we do not take the bright red ones.

Haha, We are typical Singaporeans mah. We aim for the salmon sashimi first. If don't have, we take those sotongs or squids type. We easily finished 20-30 plates within half an hour? We were happily eating and didn't notice the time and number of plates. The waiter keep clearing our plates from our tables for like 4 to 5 times. With each clearing of about 10 plates or so.

We wanted to take pictures of how many plates we took but the waiters were quick to take it away right after it gets full and stacked up.

Also, there were lots of students in uniforms. Don't know which schools they are from but they all keep aiming for those sashimi types. Luckily, the belt rotates in such a way that we get the sushi first before them. We swept all of them and left none for them. MUAHAHAHAHA

It's like they aim for it from a far distance and the four of us took the 4 plates away from the belt. So swift and CHIO LA!!! (The chef should separate the plates but in this case, we tan tio)

We were calculating that since we are going to pay $13.90++, we must eat about 7 plates to be equivalent with what we pay. But if you are to include 7% G.S.T and 10% service charge, it will be $17++. Cannot! Die die also must eat 9 plates or more.

I think we eat more than 9 plates and that is all it matters. I purposely starve myself by not eating breakfast just for this Buffet. Now it's pay back time! (Prepare for troubles and make it double. (Adapted from: Pokemon Jessy and James))

Words make people bored and so it's time for photos! I even came up with a short story.



Ok first of all, this is jj in a VERY very unglam shot. The real photo shows her very "ji dong" after knowing that her photo is taken. And what is wrong with eating such a big bowl of ramen or udon during buffet time? I told her 100 times that we shouldn't take foods that will filled up the stomach and this is the example. She even finish it, clean!!



Next, is the most ordinary sushi in the world. I really don't know what is so good about this sushi when you compare it with the sashimi and sotong ones. If you choose those vege jelly or peas ones, I will salute you for your bravery but definitely not THIS! And worst of all, jj ate 3 plates!

3 plates * 6 pieces = 18 pieces !!!!!!!!

For your information, it's crab meat and nothing else. I ask her eat the cucumber or the scrambled egg ones, she reject!



Then we were very curious about the "sushi" that jj claims to be the best in the world. We took a plate and share it among the 3 of us. (me, mk and hx) LOL

Wait, let me go and laugh until mad first.

Minutes later...

Ok, I am back.



Look at the "no expression" on mk's face. Seriously, we were laughing like "shen jing bing" and the hand that kept blocking mk's face belongs to jj. I also had a similar photo of me tasting the best-sushi-in-the-world but it is with mk. I will upload it soon.

Ok la, The End. Don't torture jj le.

Shutter

Next we went to bought the movie tickets for "Shutter". Not scary at all and it has only two popping out scenes, which I presume more. Below is the poster for the movie.



As you can see, the face is made up of photographs and these photographs are not your usual ones. Each photographs has a spirit or ghost shown or captured on it. That is basically the whole story. I had watch the Thai version one that is featured a few years ago. There were some differences but I think the Thai version of shutter is better.

If you don't know what I am talking about, please click here

I know you all won't be bothered to click and so I took out an example.



Something like that. It's like the spirits or ghosts wants to be in the picture. They will block your face or be standing at the background. One thing to be sure, they want to tell something or prove something.

I leave you with one paranormal photo that was taken at the sakae sushi just now.



Shh... don't tell mk...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO MENG KHA!!! (23 march)
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO SHERMAN!!! (24 march)
and... New born baby, TIMOTHY (22 march)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home