Sunday, March 16, 2008

BORED!! BOO!!

Things are running at the back of my head. I had so much free time nowadays and it bored me to death. The only things I do is to wake up late in the afternoon and sit in front of the computer to click here and there. If I am lucky, I might even meet up friends in the msn to play dota.

This type of life isn't that bad but people can't be complacent to stick with one thing everyday. It's like asking you to eat Laksa everyday although Laksa is very very nice! With the Tau Pok and gravy. But LOOK!, even if you are the greatest fan of Laksa, you will soon be sick of the taste, if not for the calories part.

Thinking of which, the latest Teenage should hit the booth by now. I should go buy it one of these days to use it to divert the mind from going online to click here click there. Seriously, I can on my computer from the time I woke up to the time I go to bed. It's not any big news or what, but think about it, I woke up at 9am or 10am and sleep at 1am or 2am. (13 hours of spending time online!)

I heard news of people dying from excessive Internet and games. A South Korean man has died after reportedly playing an online computer game for 50 hours with few breaks. Let me try to do a maths calculation to see if I can beat this man...

13hours * 7days = 91hours!!!

Oh My God! I easily won the S.Korean guy. But this isn't sometime to re joy. At least I do take a pee break and eating time. Occasionally I would look out of the window to see whether it rain. If it rains, I need to take in the clothings or expect a scolding from my mum if the clothes are wet. Does digging nose counts?

The link is here : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4137782.stm


Games are televised and professional players are treated, as well as paid, like sports stars.
Professional gamers there attract huge sums in sponsorship and can make more than $100,000 a year.


WOW! They can earn money and get sponsorship just for playing games. In singapore, we do get these but it is really for those "talents". Not any stray dogs and cats that you can find on the streets.

Talentime!

Yay! Time to show my talent again. I had shown many in the previous archives but I would like to emphasis abit more.




10 trophies from my primary and secondary school days! All of these are from running short and long distances. NOW! don't say I slack all the way in those days!

Well, besides from excelling in sports, I do take great interest in art too!



I forget what year I did this but the drawing is pretty "children" style. It's secondary days. I still continued drawing people in such a way whereby head is bigger than body! I am sure this is the piece I handed up for my exam and scored 1st in class and 1st among my levels. So easy~ The theme is festivals and I chose "chinese new year"



Investigation & Interpretation of theme: 20/25
Aesthetic Qualities: 20/25
Control of Materials/Technical Processes: 23/25
Personal Responses: 20/25

Total: 83/100 (Got very good and top the class and levels!)



Preparation work 1



Preparation work 2



Preparation work 3



Draft 1



Draft 2

All in all, I guess I top because I choose the correct and easiest theme of all. I got some stupid classmates, they choose festivals and drew Osama bombing and such. You tell me how to give you points if you are teacher?

Also, I top because I dare to draw. (I should be Secondary 3 then, I remembered.) My classmates that time gong gong one. They don't dare to draw at all. Like when people look at you drawing something, you immediately stop and act like you don't know they looking at you or what. You waste alot of time when the teachers are invigilating and that is what they are supposed to do. In the end, they couldn't finish what they want to draw and rush at the last minute to colour things up.

I did my research and drafts well enough and I think I cheated abit. I use the draft number 1 and purposely draw darker lines so that I can trace the picture to the real exam drawing papers. But I couldn't call it cheating or else the invigilating teachers would have stop me when they saw me doing it and bar me from exams.



This is another preparation work for the theme: My family and I



Preparation work



Preparation work again :)



Draft 1



Draft 2

The final piece is being hung up somewhere in the school's art corner or whatever. It's the same as Draft 2.

I guess my piece is chosen because I know tricks that others doesn't. Such a simple piece and my piece can be chosen. I tend to mix colours for almost anything that I can. Look at the coconut tree and the father's shirt. People find it very tedious and troublesome to mix colours and often use a colour for almost anything. It's so boring~

Also, I used a technique that seldom people know. I use crayons for the people and Paint for the background. As crayons contain some oil elements, the paint will never get mixed up with the crayon. Hence, my piece is always neat and tidy.

People usually don't like to colour up their backgrounds and leave it as white because they will be using colour pencils and crayons if they do. It's so untidy when you use these instead of paints. You will see white spots all over and they gave up. Try using crayons for the people in the pictures and paints for the background to do the trick!

Lastly, I also have a habit of using a black crayon to darken the lines of all the things in the picture. This is to make sure that the colours stays within the spaces allocated and not go all over the picture.

Ok, art lesson over~



My art folio, Baby shoryu from Neopets! XD



I drew 1 of my friend and got 7 1/2 over 10 for it. Look like or not, it's not up to you but the teacher.



My stapler.



My sketch book. Everyone needs to have one. You can decorate it and customize it along with your preferences.

It's really nice to reminiscence about those nostalgic memories I once have.



Oh my!, I am going way back into my past. My K2 class photo!



Ghost
My shen jing bing face!

Well, Please sign my guest book! Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home