Monday, March 10, 2008

Malaysia General Election 2008

I really don't like what is happening now although it is not at Singapore. It is happening at Malaysia and I am sure some of my friends came from there. Even if you do not like to read news, please at least read this piece of news. It calls for emergency help. It needs the attention or else something worse could happen in the future.

The link is here: http://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080310/tap-malaysia-vote-0193655.html

Let me quote a few sentence from it and comment about it

A defiant Abdullah Ahmad Badawi was sworn for a second term as Malaysian prime minister Monday, rejecting calls to quit after presiding over the ruling coalition's worst ever election results.


Even though Abdullah Ahmad Badawi had lost it's crucial two-thirds majority in parliament for the first time since 1969, he was not quiting. When the people in the country starts to feel the biasness over it's majority people, I think it is only fair for a new PM.

Voters punished the government for rising inflation and its mishandling of racial tensions, leading to a backlash from Malaysia's minority ethnic Chinese Indians as well as Muslim Malays who form its powerbase.


It isn't fair at all if you were a chinese and Indian or any other races except Malays, in the country. Even the Muslim Malays had joined the powerbase to protect the rights that should be equal to all.

"Why should I step down?" he told a cheering crowd outside his home late Sunday. "Our party has won. I do not fear anyone except Allah. I will stay on, I will not give up.


This is a very selfish answer. It's the fact that their party had lost and whenever you lose, you just say you will stay on and not give up. This way, you will always be the Primister minister and no other people except you, can rule Malaysia.

He went on to say
"We have to continue our struggle, our agenda is far from over. We want our country to be progressive and successful and for you, the people, to be happy," he added.


I guess the "people" here refers to the Malays only.

Ok let's talk about other things instead.

Mahjong

Yesterday, I was really bored and took out my mini mahjong set to play with it. Some of the tiles had paints starting to come off. Out of all, the "jiu tongs" was the worst. Maybe it has the biggest surface area of paint used.



I begin to set up the tiles to see if there were any missing pieces.



Then I flipped it backwards showing all the tiles. From there, I picked up my favourite combination to mahjong with, which was also the hardest when you are playing the game itself.



This is "shi san yao"



This is "Da si xi" + "Zi yi se"



This is "Da san yuan" + all "tong zi" + "Yi, Jiu hu"

Interesting/Disgusting Email?

Just received an email from Jinjin and I thought I would share it around. Since my blogspot is grosskia, it's gross anyway :) People might just delete mails since they thought it might be another spam mail

BEWARE OF WHAT YOU EAT!!!



Disposable Chopsticks



Cut into smaller pieces



They become the "raw material" for preserved bamboo shoots



Immerse them in wine for several days



Add in flavoring



Add in soda bicarbonate (Used for deodorizing ;remove unpleasant smell)



Add in some sugar



Add in soya sauce



Keep boiling them



Once ready, store them in empty jars for a period of time.



It is "ready to serve", when the "bamboo shoots" adsorbs all the gravy in the jar.



Resemble the real preserved bamboo shoots.



Stir fry preserved bamboo shoots.



Jinjin kept saying that the above food is "Cai Por". I kept telling her no. Until I did a research on it and find out that I was correct.

There is actually this dish called Stir-fried Bamboo shoots with almost anything. Meaning that you could actually cook it with beef or chicken meat. But the above way of using chopsticks as ingredient is definitely wrong. We do not even want to mention using recycled chopsticks as food.

Although many would say that chopsticks is made of bamboo and that is okay. But think again, the chopsticks that we are using may contain some chemicals that will be harmful if cooked. It may not caused any dangers when we just merely taste it while taking food up and putting it into our mouths.



Lastly, these are the edibles bamboo shoots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home