Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dye hair

Yesterday woke up at about 7am. Gave a morning call to mk and he was sleep-talking to me. He said something like, "ya, it's already confirmed on Wednesday.". I knew that he was sleep-talking and told him whatever it is, we are meeting at 8am.

We later met and he didn't recalled anything of me calling him. He checked his cellphone and found out that indeed I called him in the morning. Have you ever tried sleep-talking or sleep-walking? I guess you are not conscious of what you are doing at that stage of sleeping.

We met at about 9am where we are supposed to meet at 8am. All of them were late. My sis was also late although she lived nearest. We walked to the salon shop and did I mentioned that the salon shop was a home-based one?

Please do not imagine that a home-based unisex hair salon will lose to those hair salon that is not home based one. The only difference between them is their rent price. A hair salon shop that is anywhere needs to pay rent expense but if you are home based, you only need to pay those utilities expenses.

Besides that, the home-based salon makes me more welcome. It's like I can take a longer time to choose the colour I wanted to dye. The hairstylist is more approachable and willing to spend more time to explain to you. My sis is the perfect example when it comes to this. She chatted with the hairstylist the whole day while waiting for us even though she went there to wash hair.

So we kept choosing colours and didn't know which one to decide on. The colours are making us dizzy because we are scared that the results will be too daring and bright. Like previous time, my sis asked me to choose a very bright red and it turns out to be pretty orange like. Now I choose a darker shade of red.

So this is the result...



It's funny about the pictures! Whenever you see the "before and after" photos on the televisions or newspapers, you will be taken aback by how much they have changed! Now, I can also make myself change into another person just by changing the expression on my face.

If you ever notice that the models that were on the newspaper or television, the "before" photo will appear more sad and angry while the "after" photo will show that they are happy with the results. This is the TRICK!!!

Actually, there is not much change in me except for the hair colour. (Not counting the fact that I peel off a pimple at the left side of the face.) The results is pretty dark red plus bronze-like colour.



This is the "before" photo of mk.

The "after" is pretty like the "before" but with a bit of reddish upon Sunshine and lighting. I guess he didn't like the results but it's a birthday gift from me and sis. T.T ~*cry

The whole package for me is $35 and mk is $38 because he cut his hair. Cutting hair is like $3 if you want to cut it along with the packages. Washing hair for my sis is $8. Very cheap compared to outside prices.

Old medicine shop

After dyeing of hair, we accompanied my sis to purchase some herbs at some old medicine shops. The father-in-law gave my sis a piece of paper with untidy handwriting of the particular types of herbs he wanted. I wonder how the seller understands the handwriting but the seller understands it anyhow.



Evidence of sister throwing ribena after drinking.



Picking up herbs



fsdkfakjdfha, shfdskafhds and dsklfhdaskhf



I think the seller picked up 16 herbs according to the formula.

It was taking a long time and the wife came out to help. The wife think she is very professional came out after tying up her hair. She gave the longest stare in the world and worst attitude ever. She "anyhow" pick and "anyhow" throw the herbs onto the pink paper at fast speed, with some falling to the ground. She even use her fat stomach to block the herbs to prevent it from falling over.

The medicinal herbs came up to $43+ and it was so expensive. Wonder what magical power it does?

After that, we took a bus to Jurong East. Wanted to watch Step up 2 but it is only available at 7:20pm. Hence we didn't watch. We ate and went to sis's house to play mahjong. Played 3 person mahjong with bamboo tiles being picked out. (We all don't like bamboo tiles) Minimum to win was 3 "fan".

As there were lesser tiles, it is easier to make bigger "fan". Mk even had a "Da san yuan" in one of the game. However, we played 6 "fan" maximum and 3 "fan" minimum to win. The prices of each "fan" is as follows...

1 fan = 10cents (normal), 20cents (Zi mo)
2 fan = 20cents (normal), 40cents (Zi mo)
3 fan = 40cents (normal), 80cents (Zi mo)
4 fan = 80cents (normal), $1.60 (Zi mo)
5 fan = $1.60 (normal), $3.20 (Zi mo)
6 fan = $3.20 (normal), $6.40 (Zi mo)

Everyone was getting almost the 5 or 6 "fan" in most of the games. My sis's husband also joined us at about 9-11pm. In the end, I only lost $3. It was a fun day!



(Forget to mention about my favourite colour blue mahjong!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home