Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lai ar, Lai ar, Lelong Lelong!

Sometimes I walked past a few shops and they kept shouting this kind of words right into my ears. It can be quite disturbing if it is a normal day and they do it. There were some shops that are quite innovative, they recorded the stupid repetitive voice and blast it at their shop's speaker. This way, they don't need to do manual shouting and such.

It makes me not wanting to enter the shop at all unless I really need something there. But guess what? They were selling cheap $1 lingerie or bra. Like as if it wasn't bad enough, they keep announcing it through the speaker! Those shops are most likely "CK Tangs" and "OG" with others miscellaneous shops along waterloo streets.



Banners hanging like national's day flags outside OG



some stationery shop

Have you seen those "Great Singapore sale" or "Closing down sale"? It's like it had been there for the past decades. They either forget to take it down or they put it up since they opened their shops.

Some shops were spotted to have the Chinese new year sale even until NOW!?. It's already 2 months after CNY and they still having it? There were some shops that already started the Great Singapore Sale ahead of everyone. LOL, I really cannot stop laughing! They got all their timings wrong!

But on the other hand, I guess they fake it anyhow and I would say it works. People will be drawn to these banners and shouting no matter what. Got sales, who don't like? It's like putting $50 and $100 in front of you and asking you to pick. You take both.

Actually I don't mind seeing those sales banner in the shops. I know it is some sales gimmick but you could actually spot something cheap in there. (Maybe for food, it's expiring soon). For the women, they hope to find something classy and yet no one will notice that it is from the cheapskate shops. They later went on and on to boast about their "extravaganza" outfits which supposedly came from "CK Tangs".

A small lizard

There is currently a very small brown little lizard living under the same roof as me. It was in my younger sis's room the other day and I heard her telling my mum to get rid of it. My sis didn't enter the room for the rest of the days. My mum sprayed some insecticide and she says she "tio" it and it shall run away.

Indeed!, it ran to my room. It's hiding somewhere near my bed and I had to pull off the bed and scare it off. It's so small and it hides somewhere that I couldn't see. I suspect that it is still in my room.

I am not scared of the lizard or like I have phobia or anything of that sort. I am just afraid that the lizard will shit on my face when I am sleeping or loses it's clutches and falling right into my mouth. I guess the lizard will taste like insecticide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home