Friday, March 28, 2008

SPH- Singapore Press Holdings

Met Lilian auntie at Chua chu kang platform. Took MRT to Bradell and went to Singapore press holdings. In case you have no idea what is singapore press holdings, it is a place that publishes 14 types of newspapers like "The Straits Time", "Lianhe wanbao", "Berita Harian", "Tamil Murasu" and etc.

Basically all the newspapers that you can find in Singapore is printed there. If you think printing newspapers is already making them so busy, wait till you hear that they also publishes more than 100 magazines that cater to every age group.

Yes, you've guess it right. The building of the SPH was huge and I think this word is not enough. I must say "gigantic" and it feels quite acceptable.

Anyway, besides the majestic place, We met a lady who was supposed to be the one briefing us. She was from the "the new paper" if I am not wrong. The event that is stated on the fliers itself was organised by "the new paper" so I got to be right. The fliers is about a challenge called "SUVival challenge".



Ya, this is the fliers that we are supposed to put it on people's car. Not just any cars, but SUV cars! What is SUV cars you might ask. SUV refers to Sport Utility Vehicle. Later will show you how does a SUV car look like. I am sure after this thingy is over, I will be able to tell which is a SUV car at a glance.

Anyway, the Lady from "the new paper" I presumed, was to brief us about how are we going to put the fliers. She was so critical to even mentioned the position like we were kids that don't know ABC. She say we must put it vertical and not the other way round. I rolled my eyes.

The briefing ended swiftly like how it started. Never mind, at least get a free T-shirt with the "the new paper" logo on it. We are supposed to wear it when we were putting the fliers on people's car. She said that we are somehow representing the "the new paper".



This is the inside of the fliers. In case the picture is too small, the 1st prize is $3000 cash & $500 SPC Petrol Voucher. I am not even mentioning the rest. You should know how "good" the 2nd and 3rd prize will be. Anyway, this prizes is most certainly for those SUV drivers.



This is the list that shows all the SUV cars that we can put the fliers on. My favourite and only known "KIA" is on the list! So exciting la!!! It's like you randomly say something of a sophisticated level and you had no idea what it is and predicted it right!





They were also kind enough to print several examples of SUV cars. Basically SUV, in my terms, is like those family cars whereby it can carries 4-6 people. You can put a bicycle on top of the car and usually used it for camping trips or fishing. The back will coincidentally have a spare tyre that acts like a design if the driver doesn't know how to change a tyre. How trendy.

I think I basically have a rough idea what is a SUV car. Once I saw it, I know it. Although I don't like cars or look into them, my favourite car types would be the SUV cars. It's so spacious and looks like a beetle, who will not like it?

Tomorrow will be going Vivo's sheltered car parks. Then to Taka's and lastly to kallang. Will be quite a busy and leg-tiring day I supposed. Hope I don't mess up.

Super Duper Suay-ness

Who can be more suay than me?

Today, after going zoom with hx and zy, I took 143 to Jurong East Interchange. I sort of feel my stomach twisting and popping. (Don't know how to explain the feeling) I think I couldn't make it to Jurong East interchange and decided to get off around Jurong town hall road. I was deciding to change bus to 333 and go home to do my business.

To my horror, the bus just left. Then suddenly, the feeling no more. I thought I was fine and decided to wait for the bus. Then the feeling came again. This time, it's more intense. I knew I couldn't make it home. I quickly run towards Chevron from Jurong town hall road. (like 7 mins walk)

As I was running, the a** region seems to be more heavy with each big steps. And what make it worse is that the bus 333 came and I missed it again! I swear I scolded vulgarities to myself aloud and continued running. When I reached there, I was saved!

I used up all the toilet paper and walked home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home