Thursday, February 7, 2008

lucky chinese new year

Wednesday, 6 feb - Thursday, 7 feb.

Met teresa and jeff at west mall. Like usual, they were late. Teresa came at 9:15pm and Jeff at 9:25pm. The movie is starting at 9:20pm. Anyway, we missed a small part of Sweeney todd. The show always use the method of singing songs to portray what they are trying to say instead of the usual talking. Lots of "sharp-razor-slicing-throat" scene. The blood were very fake because it looks like brown-ish red.

After the movie, I tabao mac and we head over to Jeff house. When I reached Jeff house, I saw jeff's younger bro that was the exact opposite of him. Jeff were those that looks like clubbing kind and his bro is the computer geek kind.



Scare that I might blink eyes, hence I took again



Anyway, we watch "dou niu yao bu yao", ju-on, play cards, and watch Meet the Spartans. After that we went home at 3am because tomorrow still need to "pai nian".
Me and Teresa shared a taxi home and along the way, we spotted a dog. When we reached teresa's flat, there were several people shouting and looking for something. It turns out that these people were looking for the dog that was seen earlier. The taxi uncle told them the location and we headed to Toh guan.

New maple look...



Cash used: 12k for the plastic surgery and 4.5k for the random hair colour (I got my favourite colour, blue). I also bought a 3k invisible hat to show off my newly dyed hair!

Today I went to Grandma house. We reached there at about 3pm. It was pretty late but to my surprise, only 3rd,4th aunt and mouse uncle reached. This year, there is a few people who didn't come. Not to mention that I knew they wasn't coming. But it's like every year, they will come at a particular time, so we kind of be able to predict whether they are coming or not.

Anyway, I brought my laptop along and used the free internet access via wireless network provided by my cousin. It's pretty convenient and we don't even need to connect any wire. That's the best part about wireless!

Patch up Audition and had a go at it. Pretty noob at that as my fingers couldn't compormise with the directional arrows shown on the screen. Sometimes I pressed the spacebar too early or sometimes late. Awhile later, Another cousin of mine came and heard that she was good at Audition. Asked her to play for me and found out that she was indeed good. However, she kept complaining that the directional buttons on my laptop is too small.

Overall conclusion of playing Audition: I can't play games that needs fast reaction time (have to look at the directional arrows shown on the screen and press the directional buttons along with it.) The speed of the song or maybe that was called tempo, makes it even worse for me to play. I guess I can never end when it comes to saying how bad I am in Audition.

Moments later, I went to the gambling den part. This part or this corner is the most exciting and most noisy. We played the game "si ki puey" (unsure of the spelling) whereby 4 cards is dealt and the objective of the game is to try making a total sum of 9 with 2 cards on top and below. This is often a very good hand. You can have different combination and it's up to you to arrange it in any manner. As longer as you arrange it in such a way that you can win the banker in the upper 2 card's sum and lower 2 cards sum, you win.

P/S: 2 and 8 or Pairs are bigger then sum of 9.

In the end we played until 9 plus. I won $118!!!!! It's the most money I had ever won. I didn't believe myself as I counted the money. However, everything comes with a price. My friends were sort of angry with me because I kept gambling and they were waiting for me since 3pm. In the end, they didn't go anywhere for the whole day.



The big stack of 2 and 10 dollars notes that I won. I gave $4.00 to my younger sis because she kept complaining that mum kept all the ang pows and gave her only $6.



The feeling of counting money was totally awesome. I added everything up and it's more than the previous year. I was so happy that maybe I drop a tear or two. Those ang pows haven't open yet...



And lastly, Tao Kae Noi seaweed! I kept it in my bag in case I was hungry and we all know that most shops isn't open during chinese new year. So, tada!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home