Monday, February 4, 2008

100th post!

Oh my god! Can you believe it? This is my 100th post!

It might be very normal to some of you since you had already got 10 times more than me? Seriously, how can anyone have so much posts or entries within one year? Do not count those "one-word-entry" as an "entry", although it's still an entry.

Anyway, I am not here to argue about entry but something that happen today. I started work today and it was good and bad. How can things be good and bad at the same time? Well, a fruit can be good with the taste but bad with the appearance. Just like someone can be good like she is very polite but bad as though she is wearing a facade that backstab people!

MRT embarrassment

As my working place is near Redhill. I actually wants to get off at commonwealth station when my mum pulls me back, telling me that it should be Redhill that I am alighting at... Everyone looked at me as though I am acting a drama. I pretend to be forgetful and said that it should be Commonwealth. Then I continued to read my newspaper. I am all red.

When I entered...

the workplace, I saw Jia mei and Yi Lan. Both of them welcomed me as I had somehow managed to work with them before. It's a very nice feeling whereby you felt welcomed by people. Maybe I should leave and come back again to enjoy this "feeling" over and over again!

The evil witch

Every part-timer needs to fill up a form and this would mean that you are being acknowledge to be a worker there. The form also acts like a punch card whereby you record your "start work" time and "stop work" time. The HR (human resource), refused to give me that form because she was not being told by the boss of my coming. Luckily, Lilian auntie helped me in everything and I managed to get that "paper". Lilian auntie was so angry that she wanted to "kill" her!

Oranges, anyone?

The HR needed someone to accompany her for shopping. She chose me because there is no one near her vicinity. I was quite relunctant to go because of the previous incident. Anyway, I still go because I just want to go.

She wants to buy oranges because it was part of the company's plan. When we say company's plan, it is something like a job to be done. Apparently, there is no one else except her to do the "no-one-wants-to-do" job. It's also quite pitiful for a HR to go buy oranges in the supermarket. I mean, is this what a HR's job scope is like?

Anyway, to accompany her to shopping was a nice phrase to use. In actual fact, she called me because she wanted "someone" to carry the stuffs. *snap fingers as I figured out something*

So we went to NTUC fairprice whereby you can get things of fair prices there. I waited outside because I brought a trolley along. I looked through the glasses and saw her taking out the oranges from the boxes and examined it one by one. She makes sure that there is no rotten or bad oranges and even counted the total number to see whether it collate with the figures shown on the box. I was rolling eyes.

Of course I mustn't let her off that easily for "using" me. I took her back views photo when I am waiting for her. Sorry for the unclear photo but that should give you a simple idea of kiasu-ism.



Judging from how she "opens" her leg and bend foward to closely examined the oranges, it shows how careful and tedious she is.



Now her leg "closes" as she was quite tired after 15 mins of careful picking of oranges. She was not finish yet. I must add that the "aunty" next to her has the same characteristic because she was accompanying her all these while...



This pictures shows that I was really bored at work. I started photo taking the comic books. This is only one pile of comic books that is being returned. It is considered the neatest of all and imagine there are 10 piles of such comic books and all the titles are messed up. My jobs is to put them on shelves with the corresponding titles.



Lastly! I FOUND $5 ON THE FLOOR, IN THE WORKPLACE. Haha, I am super lucky! I am like over the moon now! I didn't notice it at first but as I look closer, it resembles the looks of a five dollar note. I hastily picked it up and make sure that no one sees me or else my image will be broken.

After picking up the five dollar, time passes slowly. It just don't reach 6:30pm any sooner.

My plans

Tomorrow: 3pm knocked off from work (Half day). Going to Queensway shopping centre to buy clothes. Maybe go ikea walk walk.
Wednesday: Go Grandma house at 3pm also. Eat reunion lunch?! Night time maybe going out with Teresa and Jeff to catch a movie at West mall
Thursday: Chinese new year! Collect ang pows and maybe friends coming my house for cards sessions.
Friday: Maybe going San jiang hui guan for buffet in the morning. Afternoon going hx house for 2nd round cards session!

That should be it for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home