Monday, January 7, 2008

MC King

Let's observe a minute of silence for MC King before reading my 07 Jan 2008's entry.


According to our sources, MC King had accompanied his mother to visit the doctor’s in the morning, and following that, he returned home to rest. He even informed his mother that he would reach MediaCorp at 2 in the afternoon.

However, later in the afternoon, MC King’s mother found his room unusually quiet. On entering the room she saw the talented host and comedian lying in bed, struggling to breathe.

He was immediately rushed to Tan Tock Seng hospital in an ambulance but passed away later.

MC King’s family members are too distraught to accept any interviews.

The talented man who not only acts and hosts, but sings as well, is 40 this year. Although his weight had always been on the heavy side (around 80kg), he had always been healthy. There has been speculation that he passed away due to a heart attack but his mother has clarified that he did a medical checkup recently and all was well. The specific cause of his death is still unknown.

(Taken from http://8.mediacorptv.sg/around8/announcements/view/1035/1/.html )

The above paragraph were taken from the website address as I do not know alot about MC King. Alot of people kept saying that MC king died because of heart attacks which was untrue as he did a medical checkup and shows that he was well.

Why the name MC king?
The character name “MC King” was from his very first drama series Friends Next Door. This name stuck and later became his stage name, often uttered by audiences young and old. The drama was shown in 1989 which is the year I was born.

Be it I know him or not, I had seen him on television several times. Many might not noticed his presence but judging from the huge numbers of friends from mediacorp and peoples all over Singapore who accompanied his last journey, I know he had really good friends.

Visit MC King's blog http://mcking13.spaces.live.com/

Such Coincidence?

Today when I was returning home from school, I listening to yes933 radio station from my handphone. Zhou Chong Qing was a close friend of MC King. He was very sad about MC King's death and wrote a letter specially for MC's

In the letter which he wrote himself, he talks about all the actors and actresses at mediacorp who attended his funeral. Almost all of them cried and couldn't speak when MC's name was mentioned.

When I was listening to Chong Qing reading the letter, I begin to think about myself. Do I have friends that will cry for me when I am dead? Or do I have friends that will make a mockery out of me when I am not on the Earth anymore?

My eyes went wet for a second but no tears was dripped off. The tears dried up almost immediately as it appeared. The letter was so touching as the words came to life. I am sure MC's would had heard the letter being read out and went to heaven as said by Chong Qing.

When I reached home, I suddenly had the urge to on my television. (which I don't usually) The tv was showing a drama which Fann Wong acted a split personality girl and wanted revenge from Wang tian cai.

What really surprised me is that MC King was in the drama too. He was acting as a chef and was good friend of Lin Xiang Ping in the drama. I don't know whether it was coincidence or deliberate. People only starts to think of that person when they were dead. Why not try to do more now and treasure your friends around you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home