Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Chinatown trip!

Meet up with E35D classmates @ 9am outside causeway point. Alot of them were late and I managed to see Sherman, marcus and PF waiting in Burger king. I hurriedly joined them and talked awhile before Jonathan, Zhong guo and yuen feng came.

Yuen Feng bought some buttered and cornflakes cookies for tryouts and if we were satisfied with it, we can order from her at $18 per container.

Soon after, Lester followed by Sophia and then Yuen Kee came and meet us in the Burger king and we decided to go Macdonald first. It's not really nice to occupy the space in Burger king and do tryouts of new year cookies.

At Macdonald, we chit chat while waiting for the rest to come. Finally, Bon San and Teresa came and we finally can go and order our food.

There are like 12 people around and 8 people in class. We predicted that more will go off during second meeting and that makes us laugh! We eat until 10+ and decide to go back school. Some of us are reluctant to go back class and we decided to stay in the library to play dota or watch movies.

In the end, we didn't go to class at all and 3 more people from the 8 that was in class joined us in the library! We actually decided to go Ang Mo Kio hub to eat, play pool or kbox but I suddenly had the urge to go Chinatown with my sis!

I called my sis and asked her if she wants to go Chinatown and she agreed. From her voice, I know that she just woken up. I quickly told my friends that I cannot make it with them because I am going Chinatown with my sis. They asked me not to go Chinatown but I insisted on going.

Hence, my Chinatown trip begins...

First stop, we went to eat the "Tiong Bahru Pau". The Pau there were super delicious and served piping hot. Each Pau is priced at 70 cents and is fixed size. Very small but filled full with the meats or char siew. I bought 1 char siew pau and Rou pau.

I also saw a mad old lady wearing a fake diamond tiara at her right side of her head. She wore those air steward clothing but in yellow colour. She never smile and walk with a sulken face. The sight of her brings terror and no one dare to go near her as they were afraid that she might suddenly pound on anyone.

Be right back. Need to go fetch my younger sis home. *Pulling the chair backwards and took the keys. Waving goodbye to the monitor and close the windows*

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
Finally back! Walk like thousands miles before I reach home. Anyway, where was I? Oh ya, Chinatown!!!




Very good picture to showcase Chinatown. It is a place to attract tourists and these items is a must have!

Besides all the tourists attraction stuff, there are also things for the locals since the chinese new year is coming. Chinatown is the place where all the people will flock to around this time of the year. I am so into the festive mood now!

We walked around but didn't buy anything because currently there were no sales. The sales only start when the new year is ending. They were afraid that they couldn't sell the things off and hence they sell it at super low price. That is when we will attack!

We visited a very new and just open not long ago temple. The temple has four storeys and it is so grand and majestic! It is mostly in gold like those kingdom in the "Romance of the three kingdoms" Really very beautiful! Most importantly, there were no incense burning in the temple! No smokes or whatsoever! Fully air-conditioned!



We hit the spot like the bull-eyes. We entered the temple and there was a couple having their marriage there! The monk was the person that acknowledges their marriage. Such a unique way to get married in a temple!



My sis was told by the security guard that she was not allowed to wear shorts into the temple. They must wear the "Sarong" to cover up as it is not good to wear indecently in the temple!

The first storey is mainly for people praying and functions like wedding. The 2nd 3rd and 4th is for showcase of beautiful history of chinese Sculptures.



Stone cravings



Buddha Sculpture



This is said that it will bring wealth to the people who touches him! But there is a sign that says "DO NOT TOUCH"



This one, can touch ^^ *touch the stomach*



Golden Axe. Used during the opening of the temple. Wonder if it is pure gold...



Sleeping Buddha? Look so peaceful.



Lastly, My ice cream of the day! $3 and it's very fruity! Sold by those sellers that made alot of noise and dresses in red. They must put a fake moustache that curls...

Good bye all~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home