Monday, June 22, 2009

Dian Xiao Er

Yesterday, we were in for a treat. We went to Dian Xiao Er for a sumptuous meal. I thought my sis won the lottery or something and decides to treat us but no! She even lost $300+ in mahjong and I didn't know this before hand.



Cod fish w/ soy

Don't be fooled by its appearance. This cod fish fulfilled the idea of outer crispy, inner juicy. When I bite off the "biscuit-like" fried fish skin, a watery kind of juice flowed out and that is when I know it is not water but fish meat! Yes, its that soft!



I refused to give the one star because it is too little. I only eat 1 tiny piece out of the whole to give my comment. And whats with the huge garlic?



Ginseng Duck

One of the successive factor that made Dian Xiao Er proud, along with the other herbal ducks. I especially love the skin and the sauce.



I give 3 stars for this dish because I don't like duck's bone. The meat of the duck always stick to the bone tightly and makes eating difficult. They should removed the bones for easier eating especially those that like to dip the sauce with the meat.

Imagine picking up a very bony piece and you dip the sauce to go along with it. When you start to bite on the meat, all the sauce spurt out from the other end and there goes your delicious sauce! Wastage!



Shark's Fin Conpoy




Straight away 5 stars, no need to think so much. Even Timothy stops doing all his things and gives his attention to this marvellous pot. Accompanied with big sized crab meat, this dish is a must try.

P/s: Timothy did save me. (from previous entry)



Superior Abalone

I love the sauce. I simply put the whole abalone into my mouth and keep biting it for 5 minutes?



The reason for 4 stars is that they should cut it into smaller pieces. Luckily I have a big mouth that can contained the whole thing. As for broccoli, not good because it can be found in the next dish. They should be using another kind of vegetable like asparagus.



Broccoli + Scallop + Peas

I actually love this dish very much. As in all the things inside this dish is what I like. I think the chef is crafting this dish especially for me because he or she know my favourites. The peas is very crunchy and succulent! (Wow I managed to use this word "succulent". I've been waiting for this right moment!)



A bit "tasteless" and is considered common except for the scallop part.

P/s: Chef, please do accidentally add in more scallops. Don't follow the rules of 4 scallops, 4 pax. Its not nice counting in the kitchen, be generous!



Sea cucumber + Mushroom

Don't like sea cucumber but when I heard that it is good for body, I quickly dumped 3 into my mouth. Read from Wiki that it has healing effects using fatty acids to tissue repair.



Peas were found again. Repetitive. Also, my mum bit on one black pepper grain and it taste horrible. They should removed the black pepper seed or whatever. My sis's husband also commented that this dish is mainly black pepper taste, perhaps they should reduced in black pepper...

The desserts were bolied hashima with red dates and lotus seed.



Smell bitter and when you put it in your mouth, you must faster swallow it before the bitterness hit you. Not very nice in my opinion but then again, it has its nutrition value and I can't be bothered to google it because I want to sleep now!

Usually things that are bitter is good. I finished every single drop of it as it is very good lah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home