Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Urgh!

Chinese new year is merely 2 weeks away and there's recently lots of commotion coming up like "Omg, you buy new year clothes already or not?" or "siao liao, I haven't remove my mole since last year". You know what I mean? Last minute.

I haven't buy any Chinese new year clothes except for one which I bought with such difficulties. I always had the problem of "buying-it-and-not-liking-it". Sort of feeling regretted now but I'll just live with that for the time being. Hoping that I will grow to fit the shirt and not the other way round.

Just that day I went to a supermarket to buy apples. The place was decorated with Chinese new year things and the whole supermarket clearly tell us that CNY is around the corner. Not forgetting the mandarin oranges and the 8 column boxes where they use to store sweets and plums, filled up the shelves.

The younger generation like us had no interest in those and the adults happily buy them so that they can throw it away once the Chinese new year ends. (refering to the 8 column thingy)

The mood or atmosphere of Chinese new year had fallen to zero percent. Despite the colourful decorations and high pitch new year songs, no one seemed to be happy this year. I clearly heard a child saying "I don't want to go po po house at chinese new year." The mother just "Tsk" the child and continued picking her oranges.

On the happier note, I truely welcome the Chinese new year as I want a change of luck. The year of 2008 had it's ups and downs, mostly downs. Besides that, it can also means holiday that will seemed like the best things ever.



Like I always do, I hope life can be like pet society which can be changed at the click of a mouse. Just look at my pet! A sotong on the head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home