Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 20th Birthday to Hx

Usually birthdays in January are easily forgotten. This year, we make it a point to remember, as birthday to anyone, is considered the most important day of the year. And now when the beginning is all set up properly, the year will go by with each of us celebrating each others birthdays. I am elated to say, next is mine!

At first, we did not managed to remember the exact date of Hx's birthday, but thanks to all memories add together and to guess logically, we managed to pinpoint a date from 31 days. (And later from the birthday boy's word of mouth as confirmation.)

9 January

A date that I shall never forget once I had written it down.

At first we wanted to meet Hx at jurong point to watch Red cliff, however a lot of the slots were already full by afternoon. Hence we change over to West mall and to our surprise, not as much people as JP.

Hx appeared with an entrance of poking Tb's waist and Tb scream to his horror. While they were behind making a din, we had a problem because my sis need to get the van back from the repairs. We had no idea when the van will be back and we couldn't confirm a time slot for the movie. In the end, we just bought the 9pm time slot for Red cliff part 2.

We went to the arcade and play some photo hunts. 5 of us mainly Tb, Hx, Mk, sis and me couldn't break the high scores despite the fast spotting of differences. A call was received and it meant that my sis can collect her van back from repairs. We quickly went over to the repair shop and collected the van.

Luckily, there were 2 persons with license. Tb drove the car and my sis drove the van. We played a detective game of tailing each other on the road to get back to my sis house. We put the van down and went over to Sukura at Science centre.

The usuals for me was Sashimi. Later I went on to have 4 plates of fried salmons. Ate a lot of things and we kept laughing because many of us couldn't finish what we took and we took great measures to hide them.



After Sakura, we went to fill up the fuel of the car. It comes with a manual car wash at discounted price. Never had I know that "Da Chang Jing" works there too.



When all else is done, we went back to watch the movie Red cliff part 2



This movie is the continuation of The Battle of Red Cliff. In my opinion, this time the movie has lesser strategic scenes where the general uses wits against enemies. However, it is still good as I am eager to find out what happened from the continuation.

The movie was worth every cent of my money. It was a 2 hour 20 minutes movie and I sat until my buttock hurts. But it finally bring lights to it as the story was completed. I somehow know the story of The Battle of Red Cliff as it was a popular one.

Lastly, they went to my house and we gave the presents to Hx. Me and Tb share a pierre cardin wallet and an elephant carrier as a gift to Hx. My sis gave a clock for Hx's new room. Mk's present was a mouse.

All these presents signify something...

Wallet: Hope that he can have lots of money for this year
Mouse: Win more games with the newest gadget.
Clock: Not to be late for appointment ANYMORE!

Lastly, Happy Birthday to Hx!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home