Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Frenzy 2

Thurs 25Dec

It's Christmas and all the festive mood suddenly came rushing into us. I remembered vividly that last night, after the clique had left after the Dai dee session, I wrapped my christmas present in the middle of the night. At first, I was so excited about it and I promised to do a good job making sure that I can win the "most beautifully-wrapped-present" on the real day itself. After a few twist and fold of the wrapping paper, I came to realise I wasn't good at it.

I spent hours at it and the end product seem like a gunny sack.



With the present done, we are left with where to dine. Going Orchard on a christmas night will only make us an icing on the cake. Other places are filled with lots of people and we have to think of a place that has no or little people. Thanks to Tb, who managed to think of a place that has little people. West coast plaza!

So we meet there at 6pm. We were surprised that there was really no people! The place look just like the place when it was a normal day. Although it's not crowded, we are not going to let our guards down. We made reservation at 6:30pm at New york new york of 8 people. The 8 people includes: Me, Tb, Mk, Hx, Jinjin, my 2 sisters, mum and Timothy.

In the end, Jinjin couldn't make it as she had something important on. However we were grateful that she had made us cards and that put a smile across our face. It was also very thoughtful of her as she prepared santa claus hats and paper for the drawing lots of who is getting who's present. she also passed her present to Mk on behalf of her even though she couldn't make it. Anyway, there's always next time. Hope you can make it.

Took pictures of Timothy while waiting for 6:30pm to reach.









And you know what? This is his first Christmas!

After that, we went in and we ordered our food and came across this drink that was very funny.



It's called blood eyeball



This is what I ordered. Hawaii Terriyaki Chicken Chop. Totally push the vege aside.

After dinner, they went over to my house for the most anticipated Christmas present exchange! This is the 3rd year we had been doing this and we have to keep it going. Although it had been a headache choosing present for "you-don't-know-who" but the end result seem really worthwhile and surprising.



The rules goes like this. The person had to pick up a pre-written paper on the table which contain names. If he or she pick up the paper that contain a particular name, he or she must take that person's present. This is what that actually make the game fun and gives us a headache because we don't know who are we buying the present for, until the day itself. That is why we had to buy a present that is suitable for all the people.

If my memory never fail me as it happened last night, it was Tb who goes first. Tb picked up the paper with Jinjin name written on it. Tb open the present and all of us were so eager to see what's the present.



It reveals that it was a 6 cups set. It also comes with a set of stirrers. The cups was neatly put into a box of nyonya style which suits the Little nyonya craze happening nowadays.

Next was Hx. He pick up a note that reveals "Tb". We all looked in awe as Tb says that he had the hardest time picking present. We all can understand as it was really hard to pick something that suits everyone. Maybe we have to change the rules next year.



It was a christmas decoration item of a christmas tree. I don't know about the function of it but maybe it can turn and light up when you on it. Batteries not included!

Next was my sis's turn. She got the note with my name on it. On my mind, I wasn't thinking of anything. It was as though the the time stop for me as I would never imagine my sis picking up my present.



She siao zha bor-ly ripped off the wrapping paper because it was hard to open. In my heart, I was thinking, "I spent the night wrapping the present and you didn't spent a single second wondering my wrapping techniques?!?!?!?" In the end, she say she love the bag as she can put Timothy's item in it when she goes out.

It was my turn to pick a paper and I picked up my sis. It was as though me and my sis exchange each other's present.



It was a lilo and stitch coin bank that has music. No batteries included as well!

It was Mk's turn but he had already picked a paper while I was taking photo. (Don't think I never notice hor!) He got Hx's present and he opened it way in advance.



It was a tie that is unisex. Initially I also thought of buying a tie. One sad thing though, no one knows how to tie a tie.

And so it was left with Jinjin but since she couldn't make it, my younger sis will receive it on her behalf.



Jinjin got Mk's present of a leather sling bag.

Jinjin also got a present for my younger sis as well. How kind of her.



Jinjin and my younger sis had been best friends. Their friendship had even surpass my friendship with jinjin lol.

Last of all, a family photo of all of us!



After the exchange, I quickly abandon them and went to watch The Little Nyonya. They had their regular Dai dee session. Later on, I watched the last few episodes of Hot Shot and finally completed it. It was good!

It will be a good memory for the year ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home