Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home, the best

I stayed at home the weekends and accompanied my sister. It's a rare thing to do but neither do I have the mood to go out with friends. I don't know why but I just want to spend the day at home, you know that feeling?

Today, Tb and Hx came over to my house. While we was eating, we suddenly came over to the subject of Johor. I think it was Tb who brought it up as he said his uncle or aunt just went there or something. Whenever "Johor", this word came into the picture, we will associate it to danger.

So I anyhow guess whether if they had been rob. No, he said but someone went toward their car and asked for money. Tb's uncle or aunt of course give it to them to be on the safe side. If you were them, wouldn't you do the same?

To think it was already a very scary incident, Tb went on to tell us another true story of his friend who is a Malaysian. This story creeps me out and it will make me think twice if it is worth it to go there.

He relates that his friend was waiting for another friend at starbucks. That friend of his didn't show up and he waited more than one hour. While waiting, someone approaches him and asked him for money. If he don't give, he would poke a syringe right at him. He warned him that he has Aids.


^Commercial break

That poor friend quickly put a 10 ringgit and ran off. Can you imagine he ke siao and poke the syringe into your body? Although there is a slight possibilities that he's faking it, you wouldn't want to risk it. Think of the aftermath where by you need to go do whole body check-up.

I remembered my classmate told me that Johor has many place to shop. It is a place where by he needs to pass by whenever he goes home. He said you just need to be careful and not do things that are deem to be showing off. Some of the examples are; using of expensive phones in public and gold rings, necklaces etc.

I had many people's opinion and my mum was not spared. I asked her the obvious although I already know what's her answer. So she said it's not worth it to go and have a "gamble". Although it might seems a great deal of fun for the youngs but the disadvantages outlive the advantages. She added that, "actually, there's nothing fun there."

-_-

I agrue that it's not like other countries will be anywhere safer. (I suddenly feels like it's dejavu) This type of topic kept appearing because we usually compare others with ourselves. It seems like I am staying put in Singapore for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home