Monday, October 26, 2009

A malay wedding + East coast park escapee

I am so honoured to be invited by Zakia to her brother's wedding. This is my first time attending a malay wedding and it's really petrifying because you aren't sure about what to do there. Luckily, or I hope, I did nothing embarrassing on that day and was glad everything went well.

I also want to mention that Zakia played the role of a good host as she ran around the place to find her family members and introduce them to us one by one. If I were in her shoes, I don't think I will be able to do that!

Only pictures can explain what happened there and then.

First, we walked around the place and we find a place to settle down. Then we went to get our food. I love the rice most because it's not sticky and you can easily feel each grain of rice in the mouth. However, most of the food is spicy but that's the unique food choices in malay weddings, I guess.





Desserts of the day, with william being blocked by the vase of ferns.



And like chinese weddings, the guests do get gifts for attending the malay weddings.



The main characters of the day, Rahim and Rafidah



Signing the guest book. I hope they know I am drawing the bridegroom and the bride.



Looks extremely tasty and elegant





This cake is definitely nicer than the one I designed for my younger sis.



Didn't actually take a picture with the bride or bridegroom, but this picture serves as a memory that the whole lot of us attended a malay wedding ceremony.

And last but not least...



A shot taken without any means of preparation.

---------------------------------------------

ECP escapee



After that, went to meet up with the cheapo gang members. (Teresa and Sherman)



It's really weird because the cheapo gang members don't usually do exercise. They usually spend their time thinking of ways to get the best deals. However, today the sun rises from the west and sets in the east. Teresa learnt how to cycle and she's all out to show off her cycling skills.



One of those infamous emo shot. But I like it anyhow.



Drinking under the hot sun is Boomz while Sherman showed the Shingz face



This is totally FTL, Shingz plus ultra omgzi!



We cycled for 4 hours straight!





Dinner at Lagoon Food Centre. Waited for half an hour before we can get a table. The people there simply don't move away after they finished their food. They can chat in front of you even though they know we are dying to get their tables. Although these people did that to us, we are proud to say that we 'pass' the table to those that are waiting once we finished our food.

The Mee Goreng is super delicious and it comes with 4 huge prawns and gigantic sotongs! WOOT! Although the price is $6 for a small plate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home