Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jurong Safra Kbox

Went to the newly opened Jurong Safra Kbox with the usual singing khakis. Had always wanted to change places to sing rather than the old clementi kbox. This is a new experience for me as the Jurong Safra Kbox is so spacious and new! This might be the first time but definitely not my last time visiting it again.



I only know it is near Jurong point shopping centre, behind it or in front of it, I don't know.

Jurong Safra is rather 'ulu' because I've never seen the building before. Maybe that's because it is newly opened or maybe it is being blocked by the Jurong Point shopping centre. Luckily my sis drove me there or else I will have a hard time looking for the place.

We went for their K-lunch package which we think is the most worth it.

Monday and Tuesday (11-2pm): $8++
Wednesday and Thursday (11-2pm): $9++
Friday, Saturday and Sunday (11-2pm): $10++


When we entered the room that was allocated, there's vast difference to all the others kbox outlets I've visited before.



At least the sofa is not torn and the colour combination of orange and black give it a very chic look! Notice the small pink squarish thing at the corner? It's very convenient for us to adjust the mic's volumes and pitches. We had fun playing with it.



Another thing I like about Jurong Safra kbox is that they have crystal clear LCD tvs. This picture is not doing justice to the tv but thanks to it, I don't need to squint my eyes to see the words. (See sample below)



-Sample-

And finally the godly touch screen song picker machine! (anyhow named it)



I know the remote control is already a very good invention but this touch screen device is so fun. I can literally sit there the whole day pressing the thing. Usually my singing khakis will ask me to help them key in the songs that they want to sing using the remote control but I simply don't bother to. But with this touch screen device, I simply key in the songs for them and refused to budge!

Besides, if you are bored and is waiting for your turn to sing, you can play the games that can be found in it. I suggests they implement the photo hunt application since it is touch screen friendly. I might even skipped my turn to sing just to play the games.

Oh, one more thing! This device is so updated with songs that cannot be found in other kbox outlets. Imagine the frustration when you want to sing a particular song and they don't have that song on their lists. You feel like throwing the microphone onto the tv screen.



Food wise, not very impressive.

'The salad looks like grass and leaves picked up from the garden.' said my sis.
'The mango pudding can be found in the army's ration.' said Tb.
'So little, not full at all. Later go eat pizza hut.' said sis.
'I'll swap the salad sushi with your tuna sushi, wj.' said Tb.

Ws is enjoying his spaghetti which he ordered differently from us. From the way he eat, I think his tastes better.

Customer service is good. At least the staffs were observant enough to pick up small details like when you needed help in the microphone, they will come in to help without being told. That's mainly because they do routine checks by strolling in the corridors to make sure that help is delivered at the quickest time.

I guess the next time we will be visiting Jurong Safra kbox because it definitely works for me.

After singing, we went pizza hut as we are still hungry!



Soup of day. Tomato! urgh but it turns out yummy.



Being student, you need to maximise the privileges given to you. $5.90 for this and soup of the day plus free flow pepsi! (Spicy)



Non student. Curry blah blah blah baked rice.

Tomorrow is Friday and that means Chao Ji Xing Guang Da Dao is released. In the meantime, Texas Hold'em Poker and Farmville on Facebook plus Kang Xi Lai Le. Subsequent weeks, Taiwan drama marathon! (Ming Zhong Zhu Ding Wo Ai Ni & Bu Liang Xiao Hua)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home