Saturday, October 17, 2009

I want more holidays!

First thing first, How come Deepavali falls on Saturday and we don't get a holiday on the coming Monday? I don't understand at all. Isn't Deepavali a public holiday? I even heard that some children are having exams on Monday which means no rest for them! What about the people celebrating Diwali?

I don't think this is fair for the Indian communities or even those who are celebrating Deepavali. Chinese new year and Hari raya are always given 1 or 2 days holiday so that they can enjoy the festive occasion.

With that being said, I have been rather busy ever since school started. Facebook games had occupied most of my time and I can't explain what's making me so addicted. I used to think Facebook games are stupid because they revolved around clicking on grids and texts and how can it be fun?

One day when I was on the MRT, I accidentally eavesdropped a conversation made by two OL a.k.a Office ladies. They were talking about what they usually do in the office and comparing their workload. Out of nowhere, the conversation led to Facebook games and they began to share their favourite games.

You can see the contrast in their face, before and after. Before as in when they are talking about workload and after which is the Fb's games. They seemed like hardcore gamers!

And so, my favourite is Farmville.



I know this has been out a long time ago and the reason why I still play it is because it update frequently. For example, Halloween updates and many more.

The recent Cafe World is making commotion in the cyber world.



Same like Restaurant city, it incorporates Farmville's timing system into preparing food. If you are an avid player of Farmville like me, you will like Cafe World also. Much more, you can purposely plow your land and cook your food for the same phase of time so that you can harvest your crops or serve food conveniently.

So, what did I learned after playing these games?

I learned to manage my time well because crops and food will spoil. Ahhh, whatever.

I also want to recommend another game called 'naruto arena'. I used to play this game during my secondary school days and recently I started playing it again. All you need is luck and strategies to win the game and unlock new characters.



--------------------------

I just installed mio yesterday and I am officially wireless. The mio Tv is nonsense because after playing with the remote control for minutes, the best thing about mio tv is the free football channels and 30 new movies per month. Besides, who still watch Tv these days?

--------------------------

I think I am super grumpy today. I want to say that Chao Ji Xing Guang Da Dao 5 had finally came to an end. The finale was heart wrenching because everyone did their best. Can't wait till Chao Ji Xing Guang Da Dao 6!!!

--------------------------

And lastly! (I promised to stop after this)

I went to Dean's cafe ('Zi Char' stall) which is located at Toh guan Rd near my house yesterday. Had to wait 1 hour plus before we finally had a taste of their 'Cai Po Hor Fun' (salted radish hor fun)


Picture from: hardwarezone

Quite nice and large serving @ $5 only.

I usually walked past Dean's cafe and they are usually empty but not until yesterday. Heard that they were on Channel 8 but was unsure about the name of the show. Tried their fried chicken as well but it's only so-so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home