Thursday, September 17, 2009

Buffet @ Kuishin-Bo

If you love Japanese food but thinks that the food served is always so little or not enough to fulfill your stomach, then you must definitely go to a Japanese Buffet restaurant. No point going for 'à la carte' and ended up with the same price as the Buffet deals.

And so, my sis recommended us to this Buffet eating place (Kuishin-Bo) located at Jurong point Basement 1, inside the shokutsu 10 streets filled with all sorts of Japanese restaurants like Ichiban Sushi, Kuriya Japanese Fresh Fish Market, Men-ichi, Yaki Yaki Bo and TORI-Q.



You can easily locate the eatery because of it's unique outer appearance. They placed a lot of round containers that is usually used for putting rice in them. On every round container, there is chinese word on them which I don't know how to read!?

As for the ambiance in it, I must say it's excellent. I even overheard a conversation of a group of people comparing Kuishin-Bo to Sakura and other eateries. The staffs is good at clearing plates and even the staff that helped us book the table. She is very courteous.

First thing,



I chiong-ed for the Sashimis and I can immediately tell the differences. I 'kiap-ed" the Sashimis with glee trying to look totally natural. Inside my heart, I felt like taking away the whole tray.

Notice the thickness of each slices. It is like mandarin orange, so fresh and succulent. Compare this to Sakura's Sashimis, clearly Kuishin-Bo WINS!



Different types of Tempura. Not very amazing in my opinion. A bit salty. Can make you feel very full in Buffets. If you really have to eat, try to take one of each because they are 'deep fried' (key word)



Recently I think I overcome my allergy to prawn. On this Buffet day, I eat a total of 15-20 prawns. Perhaps it is because the prawns winked at me and asked me to taste them which I bravely did. Although the first few prawns make my throat itchy but after that, it is okay already.

I was thinking, maybe if I don't eat the head part of the prawn, there will be less allergic because the head seems to be the most 'potent' part. After peeling the prawn's shell, I smelled my fingers and amazingly they didn't stinks!?



They also had chocolate fondue for us to 'play'. I remembered I pierced 2 banana slices and when I dipped into the fondue and it was left with 1 later. The person behind me seemed to notice it and I quickly run away.

Awhile later, I came back to the scene and examined the base of the fondue. I saw a lot of things in it like marshmallows, cherries and etc except they are all covered with chocolate. I heaved a sense of relief thinking that lots of other people make this mistake as well.

They also had hot plates, miso soup, congee, steamed food and even ice creams. I made a coke + vanilla ice cream and it was good! (although a lot of spills in the attempt)

To sum it up, it is currently the best Japanese Buffet I've eaten in terms of food varieties, ambiances and services. However, the price is a bit high. Dinner @ $35.90++ per person.

Every Wednesday was their ladies' night. They have other promotions as well. Lunch buffet is definitely more worth because it is only $20.90++ but food may vary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home