Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sashimi, Sushi!

Suddenly had the urge to post about Sushi and Sashimi. Today, my dinner is just this...



It barely fills my stomach. How I wish I could work in a Japanese Restaurant and secretly eat up all their sushi. When the boss asked me where's the sushi, I will just say I eaten all of them.



My favourite of all is the Sashimi ones.

Sushi is a combination of sashimi (raw fish/seafood), vinegared rice (also called sushi) and/or vegetables and/or other ingredients usually served in a bowl or box. This style is known as chirashi-zushi. Maki-zushi combines these ingredients, which are wrapped in nori (seaweed) and cut into small rolls resembling tiny tires.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/life/food/28483704.html


Just typing this entry alone makes me super hungry. I only ate 5 sushi just now and I am looking at so many different types to sushi. Please, one of these days I should visit Sakae or Suki buffet to eat till I mad. I am craving for it's sashimis!

Here are some of the toppings:

Shiro Maguro - albacore
Unagi - freshwater eel
Hirame - halibut
Saba - mackerel
Tai - red snapper
Sake - salmon
Maguro - tuna
Hamachi - yellowtail
Kani - crab
Ebi - shrimp
Tako - octopus
Hotategai - scallop
Uni - sea urchin
Ika - squid

Bet you only managed to know a few unless you are really a super duper hardcore sushi lovers. Ever wondered why the toppings is always seafood based? I am not sure either. But as long as it is fresh and nice, anything will do.

Here is a video on "live" fish, Ika and mini sushi



I really hate it when the squid goes curly-wurly and refused to die. How can something being cut off, still moves? I really don't understand. Besides that, the fish was frozen to death and you can see it shivering. How delicious. *Gulp*



Looking at this, you know it will be very expensive. I mean they presented it in a form of boat but can you please spare the fish? The fish goes looking at you whenever you tried to lift a meat near it. What's more, the fish opened it's mouth as if they were shouting "No~~~"



Compare this picture with the one I took. Suddenly I realised what I ate was the "cheap" salmon meat while this is the real stuff.



Somebody please cut up this lump of sashimi into edible size. You can't expect us to bite it like you eat apples.

The more I see the pictures of sashimi, the more I want to run over to the nearest Japanese Restaurant to have a feast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home