Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shattered hopes

St James Power station Flea market = failed!

I woke up extremely early on a Sunday morning only to be disappointed and tired by the whole flea market thingy. Tired, not because we sold a lot of things. Disappointed, not because we are lousy. Just that, my Sunday morning could be well spent on other area like sleeping and the $30 for each "stall" could be used for eating Sakura buffet.

I was so excited and enthusiastic the day before the flea market but the flea market co-ordinator or person-in-charge obviously didn't care about the feelings of those who are so anticipating this event. If you think a round table of diameter, 50cm can be called a stall, then jolly well refund the $30 and make sure this event don't repeat.

I understand the flea market is being held in a bar to give the customer a "curious" feeling. But the whole place is so dark and the stall vendors need to use their cellphone's light to shine on their products to bring greater clarity to an object. I think they obviously overlooked this problem or should I say, they don't even bother to, since they collected their money already.

Which brings me to my next point. By collecting the money first before opening the doors for vendors to go in was a clever move. If the vendors were to see their "stall", a diameter 50cm round table one, I think the vendors will go Vivo city to shop and don't bother to open their stall. That is the exact feeling that we got when we saw the "stall" that they call it a stall.

When we called the person in charge upon seeing the "stall", the reply was, "Ok we will come up to see". No one came and what's there to see? You mean you don't know your own stall?. When we called another guy to come up and see, the reply was, "Ok we will get back to you later." We never see him again. What is this? Replying for the sake of giving a reply?

As if this was not enough, the other stalls were those rectangular ones, 250cm by 70cm kind, at the side. Those that are in the center are the round table, 50cm diameter kind. WHAT IS THIS? All of us paid $30 and we get different things? At least give us 2 round tables. Totally unfair to the maximum.

I feel like we are paying for a space that is not very worth it. Not that $30 rent is a huge sum of money for a business, but at least do something like guiding us to the place allocated to us. We walked around the whole place while holding onto our stuffs, looking for the "stall" stupidly and had to push our way through the busy, narrow, vendor's crowd. Is this what we are in for?

If this is the way you do things, I hope that not all the flea market is like that. If I know it would be like that, I wouldn't waste my time and your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home