Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cooking Session

Today's cooking session is a huge success. Almost all the dishes prepared by us are extremely tasty and delicious. We did this after we came back from swimming and all of us was so tired. However, we still did a good job although my mum did the most of the cooking and cleaning.

We prepared 7 dishes of food and the first dish is called three coloured eggs. This dish is named this way because it contains three types of eggs.



Salted egg. I never thought salted egg looks like this in its purest form. I thought it should look like those boiled hard eggs but not liquid form.



Century egg. It has those snowflakes pattern that always interest me as to how it got there?



Next, you cut them up into small bits and anyhow throw them in a pot.



Beat 3 normal eggs into the pot and mix them up. Must add water so that the end product won't be so hard.



Steam it for 30 minutes and there you go! 3 coloured eggs! So easy

While you are waiting for the eggs to steam, you don't need to "gong-gong" wait there for 30 minutes. You can prepare the soup of the day. Also known as "Japalang soup" by my sis.



Boil the meat first as it requires some time.



Cut all these...



And throw it into the soup to boil.



Next, pour this.



and this. These are considered cheating ingredients. Unethical acts by my sis.

After that, boil it for as long as you can. You can boil it for 1000 years if you want. Japalang soup or Ajipalia soup, DONE!

Next is my turn. Pay close attention as this is the only dish by me. Miss it and you will regret. This recipe is the creation of the most creative person on Earth and was once cooked in the Han dynasty period!



First, defrost the salmon. Hit it against the wall or something.



Then, cut it into mouth size pieces for easy eating.



Stir fry it.

From this part onwards, my mum challenged me with her own recipe and so there will be 2 dishes about salmon. But mine was more sophisticated compared to her soya sauce and seaweed salmon.





Hers looked really nice, but mine, you really had to hand it to me. You won't be able to find it elsewhere.



THIS IS MY DIVINE CREATION!
I will call mine, the endless, sensational appetite. Sounds familiar right? I copied the name from the Bishi Bashi game. That is not important.



What is important is THIS! Narcissus brand, "Chao San Si".



WOw!?? I love this from young. Just stir fry it again and put it on the salmon earlier. This is the best dish in the world.

I have no mood to introduce other dishes because the best one had been introduced already. But never mind, I will still introduce chilli prawns.



Very easy. Take out all the head and tail of the prawns or if you are lazy like me, you can buy those instant one where it is already taken off. Or or, you have allergy to prawn like me, you can skip this dish.



Simply add chilli to the prawns and use the left over garlic and onion from last time to make it taste nicer.



Seaweed chicken. You should know how to cook this. Buy the instant one and cook it.



Bacon piece. You should also know how to cook this. Just fry it and purposely make them burnt a bit.



Unhealthy, but this is the way to cook it.



Last but not the least, vegetables. For me, I don't like to eat leafy vegetables and so cabbage is the perfect choice. After eating so many meat types of dishes, we need something healthy to balance it up.



Let's dig in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home