Thursday, February 18, 2010

Post and Pre Chinese new year!

I just had an awesome Chinese New Year considering the fact that it has already been the fourth day of the CNY and the family and I are still in the festive mood. Partly because they are all on leave for a whole week and that means more time spent being together! The previous years, all of us usually go back into their work or studies right after CNY. Kind of like, spoiler of the year.

除夕(Chu Xi) - The day before Chinese new year

Went to my ah ma house (father side) to have dinner. The people are all scattered and they all came at different timing. I am not rather close to the people there but we only sees each other once every year, so no choice. However, I only saw my shu shu this year, which is also the one who scolded me last year. Out of all people, he just need to come at that timing.

初一(Chu Yi)

Dressed up in new clothes and I remembered waking up feeling especially happy. People call it the 'festive mood' but I don't know why but to feel that something good will happen on that day.

Went to my Popo(婆婆) house and this is a place that I must go every year during Chu Yi. Not because the ang pows given by the relatives are especially huge or neither it has very delicious food all decked out to welcome us. The reason is simple; We just want to get together.

Nothing beats being together and I love this feeling. I guess all the relatives feel the same just like me. If I can understand this simple logic, I don't think the adults cannot get it. I think we should treasure what we are experiencing now or else when the day comes where we lose the chance to experience 'it'.

So anyway, I gambled with the relatives and during night time we went to Uncle Ringo UK Funfair at Marina Bay with my Xiao yi and cousins.

Forget the name of it but Genting has it


This might be the same as the one in Genting but this is more exciting because it spins faster and they blast music into your ears making you dizzy and all!

Forget the name of it again but it is some sort like pirate ship but instead of 180 degrees, it turns 360 degrees!


This is super violent! One of the most dangerous ride that I play before. This thing only turn in circular motion and you imagine when it is at the top part when your whole body is facing the high grounds and the machine hang there for 5 seconds. Your body is not tightly fixed to the seats, instead you can move around when the machine hang there, giving you the 'dropping-off-your-seats' sensation.

Nobody dares to play Top gun because only a few people allowed. This makes people scared but actually it's alright.


Top gun - like playing swings.


After that went to Xing Wang to have late dinner and Kbox until 4am!



Thanks for the free ride home!

初二(Chu Er)

Feeling especially tired from last night which I slept only at 5am, I woke up at 9am to prepare myself for San Jiang Hui Guan. It is a place to eat and get ang pows which is a must go every year during Chu Er. I have been going there consecutively for 7 years?

After that went to Jh's place to play Texas hold'em poker. We played it according to Zygna style, Facebook. Lost $13 and I am blaming it for zodiac snake who happens to Fan Tai Sui this year! Super bad luck!

Went to Hx's place after some Lan gaming and tabao-ing Mac. Took a cab and it's almost midnight by then. Played Big 2, 'SiGi Puek' and blackjack. No lose no win.

初三 (Chu San)

Chu San onwards, just go shopping and stuff. Chu Liu is my birthday! Happy birthday to myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home