Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy birthday to me!

Had a surprise stayover at chalet (costa sands) with my secondary school peeps + besties + family members. I didn't know anything until my mum broke the news to me on the 19th Feb, on my birthday morning.

Mum: *out of nowhere*, how many days you all staying?
Me: ????
Mum: You don't know meh?
Me: Oh I know liao...


You see, I didn't purposely kill the surprise thingy that was being organized by the people but you will get suspicious when it's your birthday and such a sensitive question pops out from nowhere.

Clever me, I immediately figured out that it was a chalet or some sort of stayover thingy. When I continued to pursue my mum to tell me the details, she just say nothing. Later on, I was told to pack my bag as they knew I had already figured it out.

Actually I was more impressed with the way they organized it without me knowing it until my birthday. I could imagined the inbetweens where they called each other to confirm the booking of chalet and this usually takes 1 month advance.

And so, I followed them to buy things, transport BBQ stuff and fetching people to the chalet (all these are supposed to be surprise!)

Upon reaching there, we unload everything and proceed with the bbq stuff. Some of us are in charge of marinating the chicken wings while others are in charge of starting fire. Some of them just laze around but we do not allow lazy bums so they quickly help out in one way or another.

Fire started!


Good job to those who start the fire. How can black coal start fire just like that? Must be a tedious job!

Marinated with BBQ sauce by Jeanette and Me!


Hope no one got upset stomach after this because we, apparently did the marinating in the chalet's toilet basin. Never knew marinating can be such a tedious job considering the fact that there are instant marinated chicken wings out there in the market and why are we doing it the traditional way?

Anyway, alot of food was wasted because the ratio of 1 person is to eat about 8 chicken wings but the most eaten might be my sis with 3 chicken wings claiming champion. That relates a lot about the wastage.

Soon it was night time and jinjin don't allow me to enter the room. That got me suspicious as there are definitely something going on in the room. They are actually planning something very sinister to the birthday boy.

So this was what they planned (A good guide on how to sabotage a birthday boy)

Turn 21 rounds which represents 21 years old


After turning, you need to walk in a straight line between 2 cups or else there's a punishment involved. The 21 rounds must have been 25 rounds because they purposely miscount and such making me feel like being older and older. After that, I stood up being dizzy for like 20 seconds but it was walkable.

I knew I walked like as though there was a ruler on the ground and I didn't cross any lines but they just keep saying that I walk a bit crooked and they also said that I deserved the punishment.

So the punishment was...

Sour, Sweet, Bitter and Spicy. All in one


For Sour, they used squeezed lemon juice and marshmallows for sweet which I think they were really sweet to me. For bitter, it is none other than bitter gourd and spicy was wasabi. All in all, I almost puke because my esophagus rejects the taste!

After that, they asked me to stand in the middle and they started throwing me water bombs. I quickly grabbed a few and chase some of them to share the wetness. I remembered blasting jeanette at her back!

It was still not over. They pretended that everything is over but they asked me to take out candle from a slice of cake. The cake was obviously no candle and how am I supposed to get anything out from it?

Look at Jh's hand! All ready to push me down! Still say you never 'hai' me!


Without warning, Jeanette smashed the cake, that I am trying to look for the invisible candle from, into my face. They whole chain of chasing began and I started smearing bits from my own face and oiling people's faces.

In the end, Hx suffered injuries when I am chasing him and Jh, who never likes cheese, got smeared in the face and hair all over with cheese cake. He almost puke!



Thanks everyone for the awesome night! We even played blackjack and Jh got triple 7! Sleeping was a bit crampy because there were 10 of us staying over.

Next day...

Had late breakfast, went arcade to take neoprints and cycling/skating/falling.



Not very pro with skates but was bored with cycling


The rest go for cycling!


Time passes really fast and soon many of them need to go home. It was left with me, Ws and Hx having the whole room to relax! We reminded ourselves to wake up at 8am to book out early the next day. We had breakfast at whitesands and then MRT all the way home!

Overall, Thanks for the wonderful chalet stayover for my 21st birthday. I am sure the chalet costs a bomb for many of you. I certainly enjoyed myself for the chalet moments and it has been the best birthday ever!

P/S

People involved at chalet: Jinjin, Jeanette, Qiuyin, Shiying, Huimin, Ruifang, Both Sisters, Mum, Ah peng, Timothy, Huixiang, Jinhong, Mengkha, Minghai and myself.

Also thanks those who texts me happy birthday at handphone and in Facebook as well. No matter is it belated or too early birthday wishes, I still regard it as a sign of appreciation! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home