Monday, October 15, 2007

Don't judge the book just by looking at it's cover

Today blog is made possible because of this special person. To protect her identity, I shall not mention her name. I will include a picture but censored her face. People ask: "Then why bother showing the picture if you don't want to let people see". My reply:" I really want to thank this special someone." ^^ This person is...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sorry for the caption in the picture, "shut up". But that's the best picture I had. She refused to let people take a picture. So I had no choice but to steal it from her display picture at her msn. I guess by the time she read this post, her thoughts will be: " Weijian, you are going to die tomorrow ". It's like as if I have psychic powers, I can read minds.

Reasons of why I want to thank her: She help me to save the pictures that I drew in paint (which will be showing below). Transfer the pictures from my laptop to my house desktop. It's as simple as that. I feel that I need to give credits to her. People can just refused to help as it might be troublesome. Hence, if next time, people ask you for help, be it small or big problem, try to help as that person will be very thankful.

The pictures that she sent will be the topic for today. Don't judge the book just by looking at it's cover. We often judge people on how they look, their appearances. But is that really important? In todays lesson, I had learnt not to be prejudice, discriminate, bias, stereotype and look down on people. Having said that, I am sad to say that I still do that. I am not going to be racist by saying some remarks here.

I will name it Project coffee. It's a random name because I am drinking coffee while typing this blog entry. It's a project because I recycle the pictures. I don't want to waste it and hence making it into a blog entry. Who knows it might teach someone a lesson or two?

I was doing a presentation for the topic "prejudice". The facilitator says that he want a different mode of presentation. Drawing in paint came into my mind. Hence the drawings is created. The facilitator even praise me for a job well done, although I only spent 15-20mins on the drawings.

We created 3 scenes to describe the prejudice, stereotyping and maybe discrimination.

Scene 1:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Looking at this picture, I am trying to illustrate that this old man looks suspicious. He has deep dark rings around his eyes. Maybe too tired or restless. He is holding a plastic bag and inside it is a bag of chinese herbs wrapped up with newspaper. Actually it should be chicken rice, but chicken rice is not wrapped up with newspaper hence chinese herbs is used instead.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This picture shows that a policeman straight away assumed that this old man is a drug addicts which explains the the deep dark rings around his eyes. He is also suspicious of the plastic bag. Little did he knows that the deep dark rings around his eyes is actually because of sickness and hence he needs to visit the doctor and that explained the herbs. Don't judge the book just by looking at it's cover.

Scene 2:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This picture shows a very EMO guy. Yes, I am drawing a guy!!! He had inbalanced cut-hair. He uses a dark eye shadow to create a mysterious looks. He also wore a lipsticks. Earrings of sapphire. Tight Shirts that are tucked into tight pants. Sockeni, baby socks,thunder shock, (Ankle socks) <--- nevermind me if you don't understand what I am saying. Just that this guy is wearing a Ankle socks and this green toad bag. He likes to go facial too

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Results: GAY. People have the impression that if you dress like that, "You are gay" Nothing much to say. I think you all gets my point.

Scene 3:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ah beng is what people call him. Age is not said because I don't know what should be his ideal age. It's up to your imagination. Big hints when we say that he is always spotted at Geylang. When drawing this character, it make me think of Brock from Pokemon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When we say Geylang and girls. Automatically the thoughts are formed. They will think that this girl is prostitute. We shouldn't say that. The real story is that this girl is the waitress of the kopitiam there.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This picture shows that ah beng is just having a bowl of beef hor fun that he just ordered from the girl. Don't ask me why the Hor fun is black in colour. You all cannot blame me in the wrong description of the picture. You see, the Hor fun is interchangable. Meaning, it will change if our team don't like it. So I just anyhow draw ;). Anyway, don't judge people in Geylang area as prostitutes or dirty mens. Maybe they were just going there for it's food that are super nice.

Have fun~ stay cool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion area

<< Home